Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ss or xr6 turbo

>mayhem<

Reaction score
300 is basically the bench mark for a hot street car. Something that won't guzzle juice, be reliable and have the minerals to run a 12 easily.
If you have to ask, you will never understand.

Hahahahahaaha... Ahhhh...

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
300kw from what I heard is a good reliable amount of power for a street driven car. I won't be racing it, I'd prob like to but Canberra is to **** to have a drag strip haha. Is a 300kw fg more reliable then a 300kw ss? I guessing they will be about the same because once you increase power I guess you have to expect some things to go wrong

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Aero86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commo, Vx Commo, AP6 Val
Of course a sheet can be fudged, but not everyone goes to the track so it's the best we have.
Why are people obsessed with a purple car with graphics?

who has graphics?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Id go the fg for power fairly cheapish, go the ve if u want the 8 sound

im making 351rkw and on long drives i get down to 10.5 around town its 19ish not too shabby

Doloth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
What's your budget?
(on just the car, not future mods)

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
I think 300rwkw or thereabouts is an reasonably budget friendly performance target in either car.. Flog the bejesus out of a stock one of the same model..

Personally having been in both.. At that power level the XR6T is a much friendlier daily drive..

However FG XR6T at that power level will always beat an NA SS with the same power..

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
have you considered anything else other than power? i mean you can make 300rwkw out of both engines. price will vary. but...

- overall look of the car
- layout of the interior
- driver comfort (ride, steering, vision)

these are things that will differ between the two.

id love a XR6T Ute but if i had the money id go an E3 Maloo.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I've been pondering the choice between an XR8 (Not an SS but same concept) and an XR6T and 9/10 people have said it's down to what the individual wants. Sure, a 6T can smash any 8's out there with the right mods, and sure any 8's can smash the 6T's out there with the right mods, but in my case it isn't a car I want to buy to extract every possible kw of power out of, I'm chasing a nice clean cruiser that sounds like it means business and has enough power to kick it in the balls a bit, but also something I can cruise around town with/show off on weekends. So for me, the 8 is more my style BUT for the right cash, I could end up with a 6T.

So, moral of the story is, write down or think up a list of things YOU want from the car, and ask people who own an SS and people who own a 6T, and see if their answers fit what you want from your car, and that'll give you an idea. And if you still go "yeah but the 8 sounds so awesome", like me, then clearly you're 99% leaning towards that, since it's what YOU want.

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
Bang for buck xr6t, mine has 300rwkw, very few mods done but about 5k spent including tune and I'm still getting 10l/100kms on the High way