Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Pedals on a SV6

SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
Does anyone know how to or has anyone tried fitting SS pedals to a SV6???

I'm trying to fit a set to an Auto SV6 and the foot rest and brake pedals look like they will fit, but the accelerator pedal seems different. The pedal allows for a straight arm whereas my accelerator arm has kink at the end. Is this a V6 & V8 difference?

Is there a difference between VY and VZ assemblys? Can I buy genuine pedals to suit my SV6? Do I need to replace the accelerator arm?

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
I bought VZ alloy pedals off ebay, the accelerator pedal actaully came complete (electronic setup) so I had to remove the alloy pedal from it and put it on my cable set up.

The arms were identical and the pedal fit with no problems although I had to do it out of the car to remove the split pin.

ARM-SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SV6 A5
SV6 said:
Does anyone know how to or has anyone tried fitting SS pedals to a SV6???

I'm trying to fit a set to an Auto SV6 and the foot rest and brake pedals look like they will fit, but the accelerator pedal seems different. The pedal allows for a straight arm whereas my accelerator arm has kink at the end. Is this a V6 & V8 difference?

Is there a difference between VY and VZ assemblys? Can I buy genuine pedals to suit my SV6? Do I need to replace the accelerator arm?

Yes, I've done it and yes, you need to replace the whole ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) because as you've pointed out the arm on the original ETC is different. It does require a bit of fiddling about to remove and fit the new ETC .... there's a thread on ANOTHER FORUM about this ... it doesn't mention part numbers so I thought I'd post them here if anyone's keen on doing this.

92183444 ETC - Main Assembly
92113881 ETC - Alloy Pedal
92174763 ETC - Pedal Spring
92050573 ETC - Pin

92164561 Footrest - Alloy
92113886 Brake Pedal Cover - Alloy

Last edited: