Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS servicing costs

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
According to the owners manual, the brake fluid change is required every 2 years regardless of the km travelled. As for the the injectors being cleaned, did you request this, or did the dealer recommend it? Was your car not performing properly eg. poor fuel consumption or poor performance?

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
I know about the brake fluid. It's the cleaning of the fuel injectors that has me puzzled. I told them that idling was a little lumpy - that's all. When they rang and tried to explain how dirty fuel in WA is the cause I pointed out that I had just moved from Queensland. I was not given an opportunity to decline the job and felt cornered into agreeing with it. I know how this might sound and complaining retrospectively is grounds for flaming but I'm not really complaining rather trying to find out if what I was charged was normal practice or shoddy unprofessional service.

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
I know about the brake fluid. It's the cleaning of the fuel injectors that has me puzzled. I told them that idling was a little lumpy - that's all. When they rang and tried to explain how dirty fuel in WA is the cause I pointed out that I had just moved from Queensland. I was not given an opportunity to decline the job and felt cornered into agreeing with it. I know how this might sound and complaining retrospectively is grounds for flaming but I'm not really complaining rather trying to find out if what I was charged was normal practice or shoddy unprofessional service.

Give the dealer a call tomorrow as an anomynous caller and get a quote for an injection clean. This will determine what they charged for the injector cleansing.

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
Brake fluid change should only cost about $60 max,didn't they give you an itemised account?If not,i'd be asking for one.
A 2 year old VE with 15,000Km should not need the injectors cleaned unless it had serious contamination,in which case you'd need more than the injectors cleaned.Did they change the fuel filter in the tank?

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Your VE V6 Servicing Views

Instead of starting a new topic just thought I'd ask your opinion about servicing of VE V6.

What's more important?

To follow the servicing procedure as per the Holden owners manual, or to service more often?

My v6 sedan is 17 months old, only had the 12 month service back in May 2009 and I've been told she is not due for another service until May 2010. Only done 15,800Ks as of today.

Surely they need servicing more often??

Those standard Potenzas seem to be quite soft and probably need rotation and balance?? Don't like the thought of leaving a brand new full size Potenza sitting in the boot.

What I feel like doing, is to drop all the oils, replace all the filters, rotate the tyres, balance, wheel alignment etc.

Any thoughts? :idea:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
But that's the question though ... who's to know what is and what isn't required? Ofcourse if neither of you two have had to do the same then it is possible I was conned by Holden.

It is a guarantee you were conned by Holden.

NEVER get your car serviced at holden.......This is your lesson (fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me);)

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
had the service center try the same trick on me on the 60 k servce for my sv6 tried to tell me i had to do and injector clean and power steering flush at 900 od bucks
i told them to only do the log book service as quoted at $300 (still rich for what they do)
i picked up the car and they tryed to charge me 70o because they did some other work i did not aprrove so i gave them the option of undoing it all they decided to take the $300 i was offering.
dont fall for any storys get a quoted price ring a few and only let them do whats in the log book

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
Instead of starting a new topic just thought I'd ask your opinion about servicing of VE V6.

What's more important?

To follow the servicing procedure as per the Holden owners manual, or to service more often?

My v6 sedan is 17 months old, only had the 12 month service back in May 2009 and I've been told she is not due for another service until May 2010. Only done 15,800Ks as of today.

Surely they need servicing more often??

Those standard Potenzas seem to be quite soft and probably need rotation and balance?? Don't like the thought of leaving a brand new full size Potenza sitting in the boot.

What I feel like doing, is to drop all the oils, replace all the filters, rotate the tyres, balance, wheel alignment etc.

Any thoughts? :idea:

i would worry about the servicing moden oils and the likes are good and once every 12 months will be more that enough with those sort of k,s if doing more get it done every 15,000k's
but get you tyres rotated and maybee balanced just go to your local tyrepower or somthing like that they can rotate and check you allingment for much less that getting the car unnessaceraly serviced

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
Took it back to get the idling sorted out as it was still lumpy and it came back with some story about the engine management system needs time to recalibrate. This can take a few thousand kms. Anyone heard this before?
The other reason for taking back was because one of their monkeys dented the car - looks like they left one of their tools in the wrong place when they closed the bonnet. It had to be resprayed. An altogether sour experience with this particular dealer and it will be the last.

Can we name and shame here?

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
lol what a suprise u wernt happy with the holden service(sarcasim) ....as for name and shame i say go for it i did if they **** up its thier fault and they should execpt that