Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS tailights to SV6

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
I know there are a dozen or so threads on this, but what I want to know, are the Genuine " SS taillights" the way to go, or are the Aftermarket ones alright . I ask this because there is great price difference between the two. Also any recommendations of where to get them ( other than dealer lol). Ebay has a heap of sellers but is any better than the rest? ( assuming Aftermarket is the way to go)
Thanks

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
What style are you referring to?..."SS" taillights are just the same as the red ones on an omega/SV6..."SSV" taillights are the greyish clear style with the red brake light in the middle...and most of the aftermarket ones I've seen are garbage and make the car look like garbage with the LEDs etc...just my opinion though...PS I'd go genuine

Last edited:

kevaneleven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 S1
those are SSV tail lights. they'd be perfect for your sv6. I have them on mine, defiantly go genuine. theres a reason why there not as cheap as the other aftermarket ones...

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Yes they are the SSV design go for them...however those ones say they are aftermarket so I wouldn't be confident on the quality but may be perfectly fine....I bought an aftermarket side mirror once after the original had an early death while I wasn't looking backing out of my garage, and it was shocking the mirror just vibrated and shock I couldn't see anything out of it...went to the Holden dealer here and turned out a genuine one was the same price (Other shop had massive mark up) so I returned the aftermarket one and got a genuine...point of my story is buyer beware of aftermarket stuff

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Thanks for that, it seems in life you only get what you pay for. Need to save a bit longer. lol...

Brett05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore Sedan
i got the same ones your looking at, and have no issues with them what so ever. During the change over i had the chance to see both sets side by side and YES the factory ones are a little bit better in Quality, but you'd be hard pressed to fault these ones. I've had these for over a year now and no issues with them
uf86.jpg

h1o4.jpg

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Thanks man, now to convince the missus, she is a brand snob ( no seriously ....) and hates anything that is not genuine, since we got burned buying cloned items. Still $168 versus nearly $ 500 for genuine is alot .!!!!

The white looks really good, also a bit sorry I didn't go for the V8, but the extra $$ just couldn't be found, also the SV6 only had 3000kms on it . In 5 years it won't matter but when dollars are tight ...well you know how it goes.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
I will admit for the difference in price it's worth trying the aftermarket ones, they certainly look the part. The only trouble I could see happening is they might fog up and get condensation in them but then what's not to say the genuine ones won't, as you said "you know how it goes when the dollars are tight"

black_ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Wanting to do the same to my Sv6 I don't really want to spend $500 if the after market ones work and look just as good