Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS ute prices VE era?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Man if I were a copper I'd defect that ute for looking hideous with that wing on it!!!!
Bad thing about red is scratches & fading issues.

That alone should be argument to drop the price.

If it's a car dealer give them your final price....they don't want it or try to stuff around simply walk away & move on.Worked at big brand dealerships doing mechanics & also pre-delivery.All the sterotypes proved true so fark em'.

If it's private deal & way over what willing to pay just walk away if no interest in offering a realistic price.

Treat it like a game,no point taking it personal or they have already won.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
I have read your post and you obviously haven't read Losh 1971's posts, because he doesn't want a twin cab ute (which Hiluxes are) and doesn't want a 4 banger (which Hiluxes are).

Toyota have been on top or near the top due to their reliability....Not just their Hiluxes, so if one had done some research these responses wouldn't be necessary
Yer What ever mate, you keep repeating your self
my response was to Losh1971 last message in this post, not any different post your talkin about.
We:re talking utes here, The hilux ute has been the number 1 seller for all ute makes chosen by tradies for years.

Google would have also told you Toyota has been the top selling manufacturer for over a decade even when holdens rip was kicking.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
pay only what the insurance market value of vehicle is in case you buy it, and get rear ended as you drive away, that way you pay no more than write off value and won't lose any money.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I don't believe that is a one person job.

It's most definitely is more than a one person job.= two people unless you want to damage stuff !!!!!

Had a VU SS ( mint ) = delf blue , black leather.
Only took the hardlid off a couple of times = ( loved it = a giant lockable boot), but would be a real pita if needed to fairly regularly remove/ install.

Mine also came fitted with this ugly /eyesore AL wing= (what some people think look great = and he obviously loved this ute).
It didn't last long on there with me and I just blanked off holes with plastic grommets.

If I'd kept it longer( I would have loved to) =but traded on my CV8 Monaro would have eventually done a better fix.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Deleted.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If I can suck it up and catch the bus for another six-nine months, I might be pretty close to walking into a car yard and paying cash.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
If I can suck it up and catch the bus for another six-nine months, I might be pretty close to walking into a car yard and paying cash.

Just as a suggestion…

When you are buying, hold your finances, or financial situation, close to your chest. Just give vague responses when they ask how you are financing the purchase. Don’t tell the dealer that you’re a ‘cash buyer’ until you have agreed on the price and it’s in a written contract.

Dealers can receive kickbacks from financing the sale of cars, so they actually lose money if you pay cash. If they think that you might finance the purchase through the dealership, it gives them a little more leeway on the deal as they might assume they’ll recoup it on the financing.

Also, don’t tell them your timeline for purchasing either. Dealers are very skilled at dealing and negotiating and will use all the information you provide to their advantage.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yer What ever mate, you keep repeating your self
my response was to Losh1971 last message in this post, not any different post your talkin about.
We:re talking utes here, The hilux ute has been the number 1 seller for all ute makes chosen by tradies for years.

Google would have also told you Toyota has been the top selling manufacturer for over a decade even when holdens rip was kicking.

And my original quote was a result of actually reading the whole thread, which you haven't...Perhaps go to the bottom of page 1 and the top of page 2 and you'll see what I'm referring to

I don't need google to tell me about Toyota utes.....Worked at a tyre shop that dealt with a Toyota dealership... :)