Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ss ute wheel load

Manticore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Z UTE
Hey there folks, I just got back from local tyre shop really pissed off, the thing is I have gotten a wheel and tyre package that i have been waiting for 6 months now and thats a whole other drama, but the tyre fella wont put them on cause of the 95 load rating, doing a half arsed search for tyres seems that 100 is near on impossible to get.
Am I going to be uninsured if i put these wheels on my self, any advice appreciated ty.

new wheels are 20's-245 front 275 rears 35 an 30 profile
old 1s where 19s

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If your vehicle does not comply with ALL ADR's (Australian Design Rules) that existed for your vehicle at the time of manufacture, then YES your vehicle will likely be illegal and therefore unroadworthy. No insurance company will touch you. Good luck.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
What is on your tyre placard?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hey there folks, I just got back from local tyre shop really pissed off, the thing is I have gotten a wheel and tyre package that i have been waiting for 6 months now and thats a whole other drama, but the tyre fella wont put them on cause of the 95 load rating, doing a half arsed search for tyres seems that 100 is near on impossible to get.
Am I going to be uninsured if i put these wheels on my self, any advice appreciated ty.

new wheels are 20's-245 front 275 rears 35 an 30 profile
old 1s where 19s

The tyre fella wouldn't put them on, because he didn't want to be held accountable for making your car unroadworthy, therefore uninsured.....If you put them on, you will be unroadworthy and uninsured.

continentials I believe are the right load rating for your ute

Manticore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Z UTE
Says 100 for 19 inch wheels, but the guy at ian diffen morley said he definitely cant fit what i have, my mate tells me that utes need a bigger load rating than the sedans but even so these couldn't work for a sedan too apparently.

Manticore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Z UTE
The tyre fella wouldn't put them on, because he didn't want to be held accountable for making your car unroadworthy, therefore uninsured.....If you put them on, you will be unroadworthy and uninsured.

continentials I believe are the right load rating for your ute

Thanks vc will look into it

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Says 100 for 19 inch wheels, but the guy at ian diffen morley said he definitely cant fit what i have, my mate tells me that utes need a bigger load rating than the sedans but even so these couldn't work for a sedan too apparently.

Generally utes have a higher load rating, because they are designed to carry more weight.....That being said, check with dealership (preferably one that deals with HSV'S) and find out what load and brand tyres the Maloo's run......This will help you in getting the correct load rated tyres

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Tyre placard from an E3 Maloo, 19" and 20".

2016-03-23 15.48.25 (Medium).jpg

Castlo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Not related but that placard has a typo in maximum weight pressure for the rear haha

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Tyre placard from an E3 Maloo, 19" and 20".

View attachment 183716

Spot on.......I'd suggest the OP try and get hold of one of these placards and fit it, so if he needs to make any insurance claims, or the local constabulary wish to query the load of the tyres, he has the placard to prove he is all legal