Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS-V Redline Ute - A few questions from a first time Holden owner

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
WTF? Why? Paint protection is just a rort! It's inferior products that do more harm than good. Why the hell would you believe in it? :confused:

:hmmm:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
My standard response when they try to sell me paint protection is to cancel the order. When they ask why, I say I expect a (say) $50,000 car should have a painting system applied to withstand the elements. Normally the paint protection is not so important then.

2 - 3 years is the longest I normally keep a car but I give the paint a wax every few months and that has been fine.

Reaper

d1mebag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Ute
Hey guys, just a quick update - picked her up on Friday without issue. Paint still looks imacculate, as does the rest of the car. Drives like a dream!

Put about 500KMs on it over the weekend. No issues experienced at all with IQ system, hopefully it stays that way!

The one thing I have noticed however, is a bit of a knock in the floor pan towards the rear (which i think i've read another user's post on this forum who was experiencing something similar in a new SS-V as well. I can't seem to find the post now) when engaging / disengaging the clutch... sometimes to pull up to a stop, or after coming to a stop and changing into reverse.
Also, at low revs sounds like a bit of a grind coming from the rear (diff maybe)? Unsure if they're just noisy by nature, I think i recall hearing it during a test drive of another one.

Still absolutely stoked with the car though! Should I be going back to the dealer for the noises mentioned above, or hold out until the 3K service?

Thanks again everyone

d1mebag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Ute
The grinding-sound (so long as it's not actual grinding) is just the diff - it's a fairly noisy one.

Thought so... its not so much a severely loud grind, just a dull 'spinning' sort of noise that speeds up with the revs to about 2-3000 then can't notice anything, can't hear it at all with the stereo even slightly up.

Took it down to my mate's at the Gold Coast on Saturday, I haven't given it too much on the highway yet as I'd like to run it in for 1500kms, but it's such a smooth ride cruising at 110. Traction control/ESP won't be coming off for a while I don't think :)

I must also say how pleased I was dealing with Motorama at the Gabba. The rep I originally organised the car through was on leave, and another rep took me through delivery. He's said any problems or questions, even if it's just to go over things in the IQ again - call him, and he would drive over to my work and check it out.