Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV 3 gauge display

jleiner

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV ute
Thanks mate, from i can gather so far is even if it is second hand it will work except oil temp will display 0... What would be an expected price to pay to have the oil temp perametre enabled via Efilive? And who does it around melbourne? Cheers

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
I'm a bit confused, that can't be an SSV if it's only got the two?

The display with three gauges came out on the 2008 SSV's, mine is an 07 and I only have the two. A mate has an 08 SSV and has the three square ones. Am I the only one that thinks the simple two bar display on the 06/07's look better than the three? Sure you don't get the oil temp but the three square ones look too cluttered to me.

my99wrx7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Sedan
I had the parameter enabled with some other stuff done as well. So the cost to do the work was more than what just having the oil temp parameter enabled. Google efi live workshops in Melbourne and give them a call. Sorry I can't be much more help.

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
Sic's aren't vin locked. A second hand one will work in any car. Some twin displays can be programmed to triple. Efilive and hptuners can enable the oil temp Done heaps of them

morris70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Oops, yes Doubledip is quite right - I just tried putting a wrong vin into a spare 3 gauge SSV SIC, and confirmed it still works :)
Not sure then why there's a spot for the VIN in the eeprom, maybe only important if the SIC is used as the audio display in a SV6 or SS ?

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
Secondary Information Centre (but think in workshop manuals its described as DID Drivers Information Display) its the centre display above the radio