Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV AFM Disable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
at still be least a second slower 0-100.

Why always with the 0-100 times?

You consistently spout on about your 0-100 times because you have set up your car to exceed in this area. Its like winning a race from here to across the intersection. Noone gives a ####. Its why everyone looks at 1/8 Mile times and just laughs.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
CB doesn't count, don't believe everything you read on there. That was total vehicle spend BTW.

Oh so I should start discounting sections of your posts because "it doesnt count" Riiight. Youre oh so quick to jump on and spout your claims there but they dont count?

You get what you pay for / pay to play. How's that C&A tune going for you BTW?

Good, hasnt detonated an engine like your buddies, the home of 13 second 350rwkw cars! News just in, its an LSX, theyre as old as fire, dime a dozen and it doesn't require a scientist to tune one based on basic mods.

That was a mission to sort out the fools and their followers, did have the intended impact on the subject BTW.

I have a question for you. At what point do you look at yourself and say maybe its me?

Youre like a jehovah witness. Give it a break.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Why always with the 0-100 times?

You consistently spout on about your 0-100 times because you have set up your car to exceed in this area. Its like winning a race from here to across the intersection. Noone gives a ####. Its why everyone looks at 1/8 Mile times and just laughs.

Wait... is this CSP / Raj or Grennan?

Seems obvious to me, by far the most popular yardstick and currency of most vehicle performance reviews, for the life of me I see no benefit to the forum spruiking speeds over the limit unless you are drag racing? I don't do that.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Oh so I should start discounting sections of your posts because "it doesnt count" Riiight. Youre oh so quick to jump on and spout your claims there but they dont count?

Yes, truth be told I am usually three sheets to the wind when I'm on CB, take it all with a grain of salt!

Good, hasnt detonated an engine like your buddies, the home of 13 second 350rwkw cars! News just in, its an LSX, theyre as old as fire, dime a dozen and it doesn't require a scientist to tune one based on basic mods.

If I carried on same crusade here then I would suffer same fate methinks. Doesn't mean justice / truth prevails.

I have a question for you. At what point do you look at yourself and say maybe its me?

Youre like a jehovah witness. Give it a break.

Wait, so there's something wrong with Jehovah now?

[video=youtube_share;SYkbqzWVHZI]http://youtu.be/SYkbqzWVHZI[/video]

Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah!

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Haha I bet you wouldn't have a hope in hell! Yep, great economy there mate, pay more up front for an electric commuter with half range per fill (given you have to turn back to supercharge), wait an hour to setup and charge, at still be least a second slower 0-100 and can't carry four people and a workload. I can see how an electric motorbike would make sense as a personal 'burban commuter, same diff, and about as practical for me.

Sorry I was too cryptic for you.

You missed the insinuation that it would be so far in the future of electric development (given the decades it will take for you to recoup your costs) that a 500km charge would take minutes. And since electric cars ALREADY out perform our dinosaur guzzling ship anchors (your shagga included) then the future will only bring even better models.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Sorry I was too cryptic for you.

You missed the insinuation that it would be so far in the future of electric development (given the decades it will take for you to recoup your costs) that a 500km charge would take minutes. And since electric cars ALREADY out perform our dinosaur guzzling ship anchors (your shagga included) then the future will only bring even better models.

Bahahaha! Pray tell how you've imagined how a 120kWh charge point could deliver and store enough energy in less than say 30 minutes that would last more than two hours discharge time. Then Raj not only would I take you seriously but you would solve Earth's energy problems and enable electric space travel!

Think about it, you could only travel an hour away (max 137km) before you had to turn back to get another 30 minute charge. Else there'd need to be quite a few charge points to make an effective network, more pervasive than ATMs, every 200km along an established route. Apart from cost, the missing piece in your electric utopia is the time to charge and ability to store.

What we already know for fact is there's a whole thread on your Electric Dreams mate, to add to your hijack, as it stands on Earth right now domestic electricity rates are around 31¢ per kWh. Do the math and read the fine print, there's no such thing as a free lunch, just free access to the commercial charge point(s). No matter where you fill up, electricity is billed to your energy provider account.

So assuming current rate for domestic energy that's $52 per 250km charge = 20¢ per km versus renewable biomass in a 500hp two tonne V8 with unlimited range = 13¢ per km

Or you could pay for it upfront like a fuel/lease deal offered with conventional cars and pretend the fuel is free for the next n years. But it's not.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
You really are a lot more daft than I gave you credit for... When talking sarcastically about hypothetical future technology one doesn't have to be (in fact CAN'T be) factually accurate. I'm done with this pointless back and forth. It holds no more entertainment value for me. I've had my laughs. :D

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
This thread is now so far off topic it isn't funny.
AFM on or off in the tune, do your research and make your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.