Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Require afm dod, camshaft and valve springs. Melbourne area.

kyle69

Reaction score
Members Ride
wn caprice
hi I have had a lifter fail on a high mileage 6.0L wn caprice previously used as a chauffeur vehicle. I require afm dod , camshaft and valve springs to suit cam specs.
Does anyone recommend a reliable mechanic in the Melbourne area to undertake this task?
looking at getting the tie bar performance lifters , with a new camshaft kit including the new sprocket and matching valve springs to suit lift on cam lobe hight.
A tune and ecu reprogram to disable the afm from engaging must also be performed.
How much should I be prepared to shell out for the top end rebuild labour cost?

Kit is Found online Parts $2750 (super stock cam)
https://australiaspeed.com.au/camshaft-package-l77-6-0lt-ve-vf-race-kit-with-ls7-lifters/

Last edited:

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Australia Speed are aka GM Motorsport in Melton, Victoria. They can supply, fit, tune in house. They should be incredibly familiar with fitting their own kits. Give them a call and get a quote.
FWIW, I have never had an issue using them with 4 cars now.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
hi I have had a lifter fail on a high mileage 6.0L wn caprice previously used as a chauffeur vehicle. I require afm dod , camshaft and valve springs to suit cam specs.
Does anyone recommend a reliable mechanic in the Melbourne area to undertake this task?
looking at getting the tie bar performance lifters , with a new camshaft kit including the new sprocket and matching valve springs to suit lift on cam lobe hight.
A tune and ecu reprogram to disable the afm from engaging must also be performed.
How much should I be prepared to shell out for the top end rebuild labour cost?

Kit is Found online Parts $2750 (super stock cam)
https://australiaspeed.com.au/camshaft-package-l77-6-0lt-ve-vf-race-kit-with-ls7-lifters/

How many kilometres on the clock? If it's over 250,000, you'll probably want to do cam bearings too.

While you're there you want to do the water pump, timing chain and tensioner etc, maybe a high volume oil pump, Since the top end is being rebuilt, do the trunnion upgrade too.

You don't mention whether or not you've done headers cats and exhaust yet or cold air intake already, because you're probably gonna want them too to take advantage of the new cam.

Then depending on how aggressive you go with the cam, a high stall convertor might be something you'll need.

If you're running the standard Caprice L77 diff, it has 2.78 gears and you'll want at least 3.27's.

Here's the full bolt on package from GM Motorsport.
$5,990.00

https://australiaspeed.com.au/stage-4-350kw-full-exhaust-intake-tune-1/

Package includes
Ramjet III Cold Air Intake with K&N Filter
1 3/4" Rex Polished Stainless Steel Headers
2.5" Rex Polished Stainless Steel Hi-Flow Cats
2.5" X-Force Satin Stainless Steel Dual Catback
Full Custom Dyno Tune
Dyno Print Out
Car required for 1 day
Add $195 for transmission tune on same day (All trans tunes done at a later date, fee is $695)
Upgrade Options
1 7/8" Rex Triple Step Polished Stainless Steel Headers + $390-
3.0" Rex Polished Stainless Steel Hi-Flow Cats + $220
3.0" X-Force Satin Stainless Steel Cat Back System + $275-

Here's their cam package
$4,890 +$1,490 for DOD delete.

https://australiaspeed.com.au/stage-5-410-camshaft-1/

Package includes
GMM Hi Performance Camshaft of your choice [mild to wild]
PSi Hi Performance Valve Springs
Hi Performance Chrome Moly Pushrods
ARP Cam Bolts
GM Cam Sprocket
GM Coolant
All Gaskets
Full Custom Maf-Less Dyno Tune
Dyno Print Out
All labour
Car required for 5-7 working days
Add $195 for transmission tune on same day (All trans tunes done at a later date, fee is $695)
Notes:
Stock cars require performance exhaust & cold air intake upgrade to make the stated power figures.
All power figures are subject to cam choice and other modifications.
L76 & L77 Engine Cars will require DOD Removal Add $1,490-

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

1704402553206.jpeg

1704402614712.jpeg