Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV Airbag Light coming on intermittent :(

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Hi,

Okay I've done a search and i don't think this has been asked yet if it has i am sorry. Yesterday after driving down the road a few meters the airbag fault alarm pops up on the center dash so i pull over and restart same thing. while driving it keeps coming off and on like there is a loose connection or something, it wont just stay on. the side of my car did get driven into a few weeks back but so slow the airbags didn't deploy or anything and when i got the car back it was perfect (why would this just start happening) I have pulled the battery off and even changed it with one out of another car...same thing the car has no problem starting etc so I'm doubtful of it being the battery's fault. I also took the rear c pillar trim off to check the airbag in that corner was still connected as I'm aware the panel shop had to fix all that and all good. once again it should have failed on pick up from the panel shop if they stuffed anything anybody know of any reason or solution (like where the modules etc are) to this without taking it to Holden to plug in Tech 2??

Cheers

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
possibly a loose connection, get the panel shop to check as they would have been working in this area, do you have all the side curtain airbags etc. could go to local dealer and have checked (probably charge you though) they may be able to pinpoint the warning area etc, pillar, dash airbag etc

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
yes it has all the 8 airbags...i can see I'm going to have to take it to get it looked at to any computers running things these days :(