Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ssv infotainment in sv6

CaptaiinCaveman_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6
Hey,
I was wondering that because the ssv mylink has additional apps like sat nav and bringgo, would those apps work in my vf sv6 if I change the stock head unit to an ssv one? Seems like a cheaper option for having inbuilt sat nav then getting one from a shop, where they charge upwards of 1000 dollars. Mainly looking for the bringgo app tbh.
Thanks

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Hey,
I was wondering that because the ssv mylink has additional apps like sat nav and bringgo, would those apps work in my vf sv6 if I change the stock head unit to an ssv one? Seems like a cheaper option for having inbuilt sat nav then getting one from a shop, where they charge upwards of 1000 dollars. Mainly looking for the bringgo app tbh.
Thanks
Spot on, a second hand unit with NAV can be fitted to your VF SV6. The headunit does need to be linked to your car though otherwise you will receive a "Locked" message on screen and the unit is inoperable.

It appears different mylinks over the years have different apps and features available. Little things like I found a 2014 mylink didnt have a "messages" app, where as a 2015 model did but the 2015 model was missing a rear video input. So need to keep all of that in mind when changing out units.