Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ssv mufflers on a sv6

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
Hey guys,
Ive just found and bought some SSV mufflers to put on my SV6, should have them in a few days. First question is has anyone here done this? do they change the note at all?
Im replacing my OPG diff back mufflers off ebay, so if anone is after a set of them let me know as ill be looking to let them go in a few days.
Anyway back on story, If anyone has heard these on a sv6 please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks Nathan

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
Alright sweet, im not after anything to loud, actually im more interested in making it quiet, but i wont argue with a slight note, id actually be happy with that.

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I've changed the rear mufflers on my sv6, it gives you a bit more sound at idle and when the revs are down low. Depending on how many km's your cars done you might need new gaskets, thats about it.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
easy straight up bolt on job sounds like i should have from factory

paulmac272

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Phantom Black Ute MY10 M6
I bought some maloo quad muffers off ebay, $50. Bargain! Was told they have less then 100 Km's on them. Looked brand new. Took me 20 mins to install. Looks so much better. Sounds better as well.

paulmac272

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Phantom Black Ute MY10 M6
Forgot to mention, mufflers were put on a SIDI ute.

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
Yeh guys I'm aware of how easy to swap, I wasore wondering if anyone had done this and if it changes note. Cheers

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
the ss mufflers are higher flowing so you will get more noise. watch out for the afm mufflers from pics i've seen these are the exact same as the sv6 mufflers with just a y branch tip.

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
yeh thanks monaro i have seen those floating around but these are the twins with 2 outlets from the box.