Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ssv mufflers on a sv6

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
There the mufflers I'm getting rid of, I hope it doesn't sound like that far to much drone

altas400

Reaction score
Website
www.kimbuultjens.acnrep.com
Members Ride
VZ SV6
hey all, just wondering my 05 SV6 makes a ticking sound sometimes from the engine bay, a mate said it was related to a sensor that re directs the gas back into the engine for better burning? is that true?

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
There the mufflers I'm getting rid of, I hope it doesn't sound like that far to much drone

I haven't personally have them on but from what i have been told yes there is drone but, it will only be there until it wears in.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
hey all, just wondering my 05 SV6 makes a ticking sound sometimes from the engine bay, a mate said it was related to a sensor that re directs the gas back into the engine for better burning? is that true?

he will be talking about the egr valve without hearing the sound you couldnt say

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
there the opg diff backs, there the same ones that im selling on e bay currently, same user name

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
mate i don't know if you have bought them yet or not but i thought i'd put my piece in as i'm on my 4th different type of exhaust for my ute. i had maloo rear mufflers on there at one stage, which i'd say would be the same as the SS. it doesn't have drone or anything, in fact you will barely notice a difference. it had a bit of a grumble in low gears but nothing overly loud at all.
they look heaps better with the quads. i don't know what exhaust was on that you tube clip but that definitely wasn't a holden exhaust.
as it has been mentioned above they bolt straight on, makes it heaps easy if you got a hoist handy.
i got rid of mine as it wasn't loud enough for me.

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
GOT THEM...FITTED THEM...LOVE THEM!!! Perfect note. No drone, and the perfect volume

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
A video clip should be in order my good sir. Let us hear this beast!