Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV Redline wagon

drnick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sportwagon
Hi everybody!!!

Been reading the forums for a bit, but finally joined.

Owned a number of different cars over the years, generally had Subaru's for myself (also got a modded MY07 Liberty GT Spec B manual) but got the wife a MY09.5 VE SSV wagon 3 years back. Long story short, we loved the VE so with the lease being up, traded that and went out and got a MY14 SSV Redline wagon for myself. :D

Old VE -

6.jpg

New one -

IMG_3766.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

Is an ex Holden Exec driven car, I had the dealer do the following - tint, tow, lowered, full exhaust (Difilippo), OTR CAI and tune. Made 258.8rwkws in the in at, work was done by C&A Auto in Melb. Very happy with the outcome, drive like a different car vs the VE. Just have to get used to how low it is!

S

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Looks great. You made the same mistake I did though (or the dealership did) and opted for 3" exhaust tips not 3.5". They just look way too small for the size of the bumper bar opening.

What springs are in it?

Does it scrape?

drnick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers christov.

I don't think the dealer thought of that, good point tho. Have you looked at changing yours?

Springs are Pedders, yes I had it scrap going out the driveway of Watson's when I got it! Just need to get used to having a low car again. Have the OEM springs if I get sick of it.

S

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Hi, Dr Nick!!

Hey what wheels are you running?
On the spur of the moment, when the magical opportunity of NOT having the standard MY14 Redline wheels but getting current-model ones at no cost, I didn't want any unexpected offset issues & have gone with the standard Redline ones ... even though I prefer the look of the current SS V ones (and the full-sized spare thing works better when they're all the same). It looks to me as though you've got the SS V wheels I crave ... are they staggered, or all the same?

drnick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Matt!!

Nar those wheels are the MY14 SSV Redline ones, so yes they are staggered. I need to get some pictures of the car in sun light, the black and white makes it a little hard to define some lines.

S

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wow, they look a billionty times better when not chrome!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
So may I ask, because I've not taken a lot of notice until the last week or so ... did they do those wheels in different colours depending on paint colour; or do you know if there were different colours that were optional? eg. was the choice gunmetal or black or chrome?
Or did you have to get them done yourself?

I'm now asking myself whether I've done the right thing in asking for the 2015 wheels, I think I like yours better. :) Mind you it may not have been an option, the salesguy looked a bit relieved when I said I liked the 2015 ones better, he said it would cost him a lot less to get hold of a set of those (as in "we won't charge you more like we would if you want the 2014's"). But when looking around at options, I'd been looking mostly at Perfect Blue and Regal Peacock; and only ever saw the chrome on those.

I guess we'll have a fairly "personalised" Redline, in Regal Peacock with the 2015 wheels (they must have a name for ordering purposes, like the HF20's do?).

VPV6BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs v6 manual ute
Hey drnick,
What size is your exhaust as i am looking at getting a full difilippo system for my wagon. Does it dtone much.
Cheers
Matt

drnick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fired you a PM back Matt re the exhaust.

Other Matt ;), i'm not sure how they work out the rims with the black/chrome.

How is your car going?

S