Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ssv sunroof

Haluigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ssv g8 ute
Morning all
Got back yesterday from few nights down the gold coast. On the drive home we had the sunroof on my mates liberty open and it's was brilliant.

My question is did anyone actually get that option when try bought their car and any big dramas with it because I'm curious and a bit tempted ey haha

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
not a ssv but calais v and its the best thing about the car m8, in winter i open the cover so it lets in more light and car stays abit warmer and in summer have the sunroof open on tilt with the aircon on and car seems alot cooler on the 43 degree day last yr on had the aircon on low thats how well it works, just takes a bit of getting use to when u first drive a car with a sunroof its really distracting lol but its one of the best things about the car, i use it everyday and its never had any issues, the only problem i have with it is it will not stay open when i get out of the car so lol

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Mate, someone asked this last week. I tried to find the thread to link it but couldn't see it. have a look around as there was some good info posted.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Make sure that any after market installation complies with ADR re roll-over etc.
To do otherwise could make it difficult re insurance or worse still in the event you try and seel it and it no longer complies. Severe penalties for that.
Any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

My Meanie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 HDT Group A SS Blue Meanie & 2010 SSv Ute
When shopping around for my SSV I asked a couple of the Holden dealers, one of them gave me a card of a business here in Perth that installs the sunroofs, I was told by the dealer they are the same manufacturer that Holden use. I called them and was quoted $2,500 to $3,000 depending on the model I wanted, takes a week to fit and they reinforce the roof as it is done at the factory so no insurance issues etc. They seemed pretty knowledgeable and wasn't just trying to sell a product, they actual talked me out of getting the sun roof for my car due to the power it puts out and chasis twist. The said they would fit one but wouldn't recommend it, they said any car running over 330kw may pop the roof out when the body twists under load. I would suggest ringing a few installers, get prices and ask how they install their sunroofs, no point going cheap and having water leak in.