Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV VF2 Sat Nav - POI Speed Cameras?

Davesumner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Does anyone know if I can add a safety camera POI into the Holden built in Sat Nav system?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Pretty sure not.
Apparently VE had revenue camera locations, but not VF. Seems like playing politics with our wallets, on Holden's part, to me.

SydneyGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SV6
The annoying part of this is that the manual clearly says that this feature is there. It is the *only* reason I opted for the built-in sat-nav as I found it very useful in my VE II. I checked the manual etc before ordering and when I saw it there it was a no-brainer to order the sat-nav option. I was really pissed off when I found out that it wasn't actually there and I sure let the dealer know but they did nothing about it. It's not as though they could remove the sat-nav and give me my $750 back.

Other than that, the sat-nav in the VF II is *much* better than it was in the VE II.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
The annoying part of this is that the manual clearly says that this feature is there. It is the *only* reason I opted for the built-in sat-nav as I found it very useful in my VE II. I checked the manual etc before ordering and when I saw it there it was a no-brainer to order the sat-nav option. I was really pissed off when I found out that it wasn't actually there and I sure let the dealer know but they did nothing about it. It's not as though they could remove the sat-nav and give me my $750 back.

Other than that, the sat-nav in the VF II is *much* better than it was in the VE II.

Actually they could have given your $750 back and left the less than adequate SatNav system in place.

SydneyGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SV6
Actually they could have given your $750 back and left the less than adequate SatNav system in place.

Yes that would have been nice but as it wasn't exactly written into the contract that I was only buying the SatNav for the speed/red light/safety camera alerts they could simply say that I still have a perfectly good SatNav system. That is of course true but I virtually never have a need for the actual SatNav functionality.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
The annoying part of this is that the manual clearly says that this feature is there.

Where in the manual does it say you can add speed cameras/POIs to the database?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ I think the manual says you can turn red-light and fixed speed camera warnings off/on, ie. that they're already in the database.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
^ I think the manual says you can turn red-light and fixed speed camera warnings off/on, ie. that they're already in the database.

Interesting but typical.
This is where I like hackers doing there work.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
The annoying part of this is that the manual clearly says that this feature is there.

Can you point out to me where it says this? I would be interested to know.. I have had a look in my manual but don't see it but I have a VF Series 1..

SydneyGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SV6
Can you point out to me where it says this? I would be interested to know.. I have had a look in my manual but don't see it but I have a VF Series 1..

I have a VF II. As mentioned above, it doesn't say you can add them as POIs. It says you can enable/disable "Camera" alerts along with School Zones and Railways. This is on page 164 of the Owner's Handbook. However, when you go to the Driver Alerts screen, Camera is not listed, only School Zones and Railways. School Zones are really annoying because they aren't time sensitive, ie they are enabled 24x7. In the VE they were time sensitive so were actually quite useful. As for railway alerts .... who really needs those??? Surely it's not that hard to see a railway crossing.

So all up the Driver Alerts in the VF II are virtually useless :-(