Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV Wagon Cargo Barrier

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Hi guys,

Ive picked up a cargo barrier and bolts for cheap.

Main reason is because I have to big dogs (Rottweiler and Labrador). One who occaisonally puts her paws up on the leather seat and today jumped over into the back (when getting into the car) and the other who drools like a motherfucker all over the leather.

My concern is that I have to bolt the cargo barrier to the ground and roof.

How ugly will it look on the roof?

And how easy is it to remove or lay down when needed?

I like the ease of being able to fold the seats down when needed to lug big items around.

convas

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SSV
Its not very hard to unbolt it although I have never taken it out since I installed it, I don't find it ugly and it does not rattle around like the one I had in my VT, bother were factory holden barriers.
Does your wagon already have the mounting holes in the floor/roof trim ? If not you will need the template to drill them and you can also get some plastic trim bits from holden that fit in the holes to make them look better about $20 from memory.

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Mine doesnt have any mounting holes that I can see. Would they be noticeable if I did?

I will pay someone to put it in professionally as I dont want to mess it up.

Main concern is the ease of being able to remove it when needed.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
It will come with plugs for the holes when the divider isn’t fitted, looks fine.
In terms of removing it frequently, you just need to undo the buckles to loosen the bottom hooks enough so they are free. Means with the seats down you can still load the car because the net is not attached to the floor.
Seats down:
View media item 341Seats up:
View media item 163

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
The mounting points are hidden behind both the floor carpet and hood lining

You'll need the templates in order to drill the holes in the correct location - the kit was around $80 from holden n contains all the necessary bits n pieces to correctly mount the barrier

When I got mine, I bit the bullet n paid the $100 to have it professionally done - figured I'd rather pay someone who does it all the time than to attempt it myself n make a mess....

Barrier is easy enough to take out if needed but I find it's just as easy to remove the top points and lay it down if I need extra room

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon

You'll need the templates in order to drill the holes in the correct location - the kit was around $80 from holden n contains all the necessary bits n pieces to correctly mount the barrier

When I got mine, I bit the bullet n paid the $100 to have it professionally done - figured I'd rather pay someone who does it all the time than to attempt it myself n make a mess....

Barrier is easy enough to take out if needed but I find it's just as easy to remove the top points and lay it down if I need extra room

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Cheers for the responses. Good to know it can easily be laid down / unbolted.

Where did you gets yours done? Just at a general mech or did you go to Holden?

Will I need to buy the kit if I am getting someone else to do it or can I assume they have the necessary parts/knowledge?