Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Staffy + VY @ 80KM/PH = FRONT END GONE. VZ REPLACEMENT

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
A few nights ago I was dropping a friend off at home after a mates get together, driving along a near by road, doing roughly 80 - 90 kmph, caught up in conversation, a Staffy ended up running on to the road and therefore (infront of my car) ... the dog died on impact ... so did my front bar.

The dogs owner was nearby ... both of us were in shock, he picked up the dog and slowly walked away with it. I proceeded down to the local cop shop, some what shaken up to explain it to the boys in blue and to offer my details in case of a complaint being filed or if there was anything that i could do for the owner.
Turns out that i should have gotten the owners details as he is to blame, his dog for 1. was off its lead in a public place and 2. the dog was on the road at the time of impact ... there fore he is ultimately responsible for my front bar damage. The copper said, quote "If dogs were meant to be on the road, cars would be on the footpath."

Being the person i am I really COULDNT ask the owner for the 400 or so to fix up my front bar (New bar + paint) ... "Hey i killed your dog, u owe me $400" ... not gonna happen. So ive decided to fund my vy's nose job with my own mula.

Turns out a mate from work is selling a VZ Calais front bar, i wana buy it as hes offering it for mates rates, however i know that i need to change:
1. Obviously the front bar
2. The headlights
3. The bonnet - Is this 100% necessary?

Can anybody shed some light onto the matter for me, which mofifications do i need to make?

I'll post up photoes of the damage asap...

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
I cant help you with what needs to be changed.. although the headlights and grille and possibly bonnet I think..

But Its very nice of you to not chase the dog owner for the money. Even though you are fully entitled to.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
bonnet is not 100% needed in the way it will still close and all with the vz bar, it just wont line up where the vz has the two bonnet lines.. and we are talking about a cm or less out

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i dont know what you would need but if i was put in that situation i would do exactly the same mate. i would feel so guilty. the poor buggers lost approx $700 of dog that would be hard enough to deal with.

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
ok well ive found out what you need,

Headlights
Bonnet
Front Bar

All up it will roughly set you back 1700ish ... ****kk that lol

New ss bar = 200
paint = 200
me happy again = 400 :D

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
ok well ive found out what you need,

Headlights
Bonnet
Front Bar

All up it will roughly set you back 1700ish ... ****kk that lol

New ss bar = 200
paint = 200
me happy again = 400 :D

The new SS bar.. is that from holden?
Another thread stated they were $230 from holden I asked for confirmation but didn't receive any... can you confirm?

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
You are one kind guy. I would feel uncomfortable going back and asking them to pay the damage.

Oh well **** happens.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
People should learn to keep their dogs on a bloody leash.