Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standard LS3 tune

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Good tip on cleaning the OTR. I haven't cleaned mine for probably 10k. Didn't realise they needed to be done every 2k. Will get onto cleaning mine this week.

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
I would switch back to OTR if there was one where filter was easily removed.

OTR will perform best but will collect all dirt and sand very quickly. In 2000 or 3000 km the filter will be filthy.

That is the main reason I switched rotofab.

I don't mind cleaning the filter frequently but not where the whole intake needs to come out and be pulled apart. I am amazed the neither VCM or Harrop cam up with a better solution.

Letterbox style slot to insert the filter on top of otr cai would solve this. No major redesign would be needed.

At some stage I was thinking of modifying stock Harrop OTR to make the slot opening on top with simple alloy door to close it up....
I don't think it's that bad, can get my VCM otr filter out in under 5 mins & have a second filter ready to go.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Good tip on cleaning the OTR. I haven't cleaned mine for probably 10k. Didn't realise they needed to be done every 2k. Will get onto cleaning mine this week.
They do get filthy.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I found Harrop design harder as maf sits deeper into the back of the housing. Pain in the neck to remove and put back on. ...

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
They do get filthy.
100% and absolutely keep a second filter on hand.
this is my first OTR, my VE had the KPM stealth pod setup thing down in the wheel arch.

i was surprised my car was actually getting any air in with how dirty my first change was.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
Ì have the Orssom OTR. It was very easy to fit. I liked not having to move the radiator. I cut the rubber seal on the bonnet to allow air to enter it. I figured that it would be easy to replace if converting back to stock. You do have to get the infill panel to make the engine bay look complete.
I have had no problem with it getting dirty between the 10,000Km services I do. The filter panel is simple to access from the top (7 philips screws - 1min).
I was concerned about water getting in during heavy rain but I've never had a problem.
I also thought IMHO it was the best looking OTR!
It did trigger a DTC but I think that would happen with any. You would need to get a tune, but you should get one anyway.