Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standard Radio

harvs01

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6, with 19' VY Maloo Mags
Hello All,

Am a proud new owner of a VZ SV6 Commodore.
I was just wondering that with the std radio when the ignition is turned off the radio still plays till the drivers door is open and you can take this mode off in the options on the start up display i also know that you can push the on button on the radio once the ignition is turned off and the drivers door has been open that it will turn on if you press on with a certain amount of seconds. i just want to know if this will still function the same if i change to an aftermarket head unit.
Can some one please help on this one.

thanks

colk

VZ 3.6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6 Exec
On my aftermarket HU it still switches off with the door opening, but I cannot turn it on afterwards.

This is the same for me, however I just turned this function off so that my aftermaket HU turns off when the acc is off.
Call it old school but Im just used it :yeah:
Another words yes the function does still work the same, once you open the door it turns acc power to the HU off weather its standard or aftermarkt. Hope that helps.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the acc power relay will still allow it to stay on till you open the door, the timed on thing is dependent on the head unit itself.

Rob