Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

start apprenticeship?

Start apprenticeship?

• Apprenticeship

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • Courier

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Bludge

Votes: 12 11.9%

• Total voters

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
as a trade outside of the defence force you earn more money, 55k a year as previously stated, i earned that within 5 months of the financial year. i earn double that figure each financial year,

Earn or turn over? I turned over 105K last financial year but I only actually took home 65K after expenses and tax :(

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah just dont go army for crying out loud - its hard work for not enough pay, you get bashed buy gay camo guys and u end up doing a life commitment

Not my thing at all - and probz not yours either - just do a trade apprenticeship and start counting the money in about 4 years haha

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
wherry u got no ****in idea on millitary life do you?? bash you? since when? this isnt the 1940's! its not a life commitment the army will only sign you up for 4 years initial service then you resign if you want to for like 18 months at a time... and as for the pay to work ratio... a little hard work never hurt anyone, the pay is only crap during recruits and initial training which varies depending on what job you decide to do

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well i have a friend in the army and if you go on their site it says on the form "by signing up you agree to use of military laws" or something which means they can do whatever the f**k they want to you and you can do jack to stop them.

If your not working hard enough then they do what they want - my mate would know hes doing sniping and stuff and they do this crap. You might resign but its not really that simple as resign and goodbye. Alot of people have told me its like a life commitment. Well i just hate it myself so yeah. I just reckon he should do a trade instead

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
well take it from someone who is in the millitary... its not what you think its like... yes you fall under millitary law but that has nothing to do with how your treated... infact they cant treat you like that at all otherwise they get in major ****... its called equaity and diversity, google it :thumbsup:

jesse3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
hey guys i got new job at perth airport cause of recession and all also have a YOU session end of month for the army ive been thinking about it for a while and found what i think is the best job. It's not a trade but hey there arre some skills to be gained.

calais4life

calais4life!
Reaction score
Members Ride
calais
im confused i duno wat i shud do :(

jesse3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
i dont have much family here in perth and no long time GF, kids anything like that only whats ahead of me:thumbsup: