Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

starting problem with my vs v6, put fuel in,drove for 5 mins,then wont start

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I've had two cars with the CAS problem and then the cars have had the same problem as yours and but always start after bleeding air out of the fuel system I'm still chasing the cause of this they would only ever do it after a long run in traffic

lpcustom

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore executive v6
Man that sucks, I will try and drain the fuel first and see if that works before tackling the CAS.
Could Holden put it in a worse spot ?
You would think they would put a small part that will require replacing at some time in a more accessible spot and that is easier to change.
I guess that way they can charge you heaps more in labor.
In my rx7 the CAS is in the distributor, one nut and the whole unit comes out.
Taking off that HB will probably require a rattle gun for the main bolt, I dont know, I havent looked at it properly yet, and probably removing stuff to get the rattle gun in there.
Man I hope its just bad fuel.
Im thinking it is probably bad fuel because as soon as I put the metho it started, I dont know.
Anyway,
Thanks, I will let you guys know how I go tomorrow.

lpcustom

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore executive v6
Just an update,
found the cause of the problem.
It wasnt the CAS, and it wasnt bad fuel.(I drained the tank and put new fuel still the same)
I figured it was a fuel problem though, sounded like fuel pressure.
So I went and bought a new fuel pump and removed the old one. (what a pain in the butt that was)

When I finally got the old pump out I noticed that the short black fuel hose that connects the top of the pump the the send fuel line had burst, it was split.
That explains the hissing/swooshing sound in the tank and low fuel pressure.

While I had it out I replaced the fuel pump and the hose etc with the new ones, put it back in and it runs beautiful.
Only problem is the fuel gauge is stuck on full with a 1/4 tank so I bent something but I dont really care the car runs now, Ill fix that later.

So lucky I didnt spend hours changing the CAS and then not solving the problem, but like I said, it had very good,regular spark, but anyway, solved the problem.
Thanks for all the advice fellas,
Much Appreciated.