Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Starting problems

Chris

Reaction score
I have a vs v6 if left over night its hard to start,its like the fuel isnt priming up but but it only happens if it is left for long periods of time ie overnight
changed plugs fuel filters air filters and plug leads.
had it to holden and they cant seem to find anything wrong after you first start it i wont have any problems until i leave it for a long period of time.
its been doing it for over three months,i gues it will stop one day and wont start and then i will know what is causing the problem.
any ideas would be great
thanks ;)

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
Sounds like it could be your alternator or battery mate...

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
agree with pimpin ;) try get a gel battery and try that.

Chris

Reaction score
thanks for the reply
but no its not the battery forgot to mention its been replaced but it didnt make any difference at all.
seems to be a fuel thing ?????

Last edited:

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
hmmm

when u turn the key, wait till u hear the fuel pump stop pressurising the lines then try start ... see if that works ...

Chris

Reaction score
Thanks Baldric
ill try that in they morning
ill let you know what happens

Chris

Reaction score
Baldric said:
when u turn the key, wait till u hear the fuel pump stop pressurising the lines then try start ... see if that works ...

thanks but no that didnt make any difference
but on checking the fuel regulator there was a smell of petrol in the vacum line???? i dont think it should
what do you think ????

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Here's some ideas to try
If it happens when the car completely cools down, then perhaps its a dry fuel line.
When the pump tries to pump, it only gets a dry line.
Perhaps you have very dirty lines or you have a leak somewhere and the fuel seeps out of the line until your pump works hard to bring more fuel pressure.
Could also be your DFI module that is playing up whilst cold, when its cold there may be a dry solder joint which when warms up and expands, isnt a problem anymore.
Do u get any check engine lights? Does it happen if you try and start it in neutral instead of park?

If possible, try to leave your car overnight inside a clean garage or something and see if there are any visible leaks in the morning. Rememeber that its most likely only a tiny leak so look carefully.

Goodluck and let us know how it goes.
Cheers
Paul

Chris

Reaction score
Thanks Paul
ill have a look in the morning

MaNiac_VP said:
Here's some ideas to try
If it happens when the car completely cools down, then perhaps its a dry fuel line.
When the pump tries to pump, it only gets a dry line.
Perhaps you have very dirty lines or you have a leak somewhere and the fuel seeps out of the line until your pump works hard to bring more fuel pressure.
Could also be your DFI module that is playing up whilst cold, when its cold there may be a dry solder joint which when warms up and expands, isnt a problem anymore.
Do u get any check engine lights? Does it happen if you try and start it in neutral instead of park?

If possible, try to leave your car overnight inside a clean garage or something and see if there are any visible leaks in the morning. Rememeber that its most likely only a tiny leak so look carefully.

Goodluck and let us know how it goes.
Cheers
Paul