Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Statesman grille on commodore

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
adam69 said:
Commodore and statesman in the Vr,Vs range had the same guards and headlights so you dont need to change them.
Holden made a car called the Royale which had a vr,vs stato front on a sedan shell,found them in NZ.

i'm sorry to say but the statesman have a defferent fender to the commodores, the cut out thats surround the indicator light is shorter wheres the statos go a little further back about 2" roughly, but the fenders are interchangable with the commo's

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Yes,sorry i was wrong.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Seen another done...just the bonnet & grill... retaining the standard bumper bar.

Last edited:

VooDoo

Reaction score
Website
www.oz8.org
Members Ride
HSV GTO. 408ci Stroker, LS3 top end.
statement said:
i'm sorry to say but the statesman have a defferent fender to the commodores, the cut out thats surround the indicator light is shorter wheres the statos go a little further back about 2" roughly, but the fenders are interchangable with the commo's
Actually the guards are exactly the same and you can put monaro lights in a stato (as ive done in the caprice). Ive also seen the VZ HSV vents on early models (WH). Generally all you need is a bonnet and front bumper to do the conversion. VX is a bit different due to lights but most ppl go with the monaro (or international) versions

Here ya go

grangey.sized.jpg

sicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS - Series 2 / Karma
That ute looks sick - why did he pick shitty TAXI yellow!?!?

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
Actually the guards are exactly the same and you can put monaro lights in a stato (as ive done in the caprice). Ive also seen the VZ HSV vents on early models (WH). Generally all you need is a bonnet and front bumper to do the conversion. VX is a bit different due to lights but most ppl go with the monaro (or international) versions

Here ya go

grangey.sized.jpg

if ya read the tittle we are taling about the vr/vs models an i know the vt-vx are the same cause i've seen it been done alot

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
i own both stato and vs commodore and i recon its posible to just swap the bonet over but u just gotta cut the commo bumper...but it looks like puss that way...and im pretty sure the bumpers would just swap over..so all u'll need is a reo bar, stato bar and a bonnet hehe. not very cheep thing to do i spose

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
i own both stato and vs commodore and i recon its posible to just swap the bonet over but u just gotta cut the commo bumper...but it looks like puss that way...and im pretty sure the bumpers would just swap over..so all u'll need is a reo bar, stato bar and a bonnet hehe. not very cheep thing to do i spose

Here's a pic of one, just the bonnet and grill with the stock bumper cut, looks awesome, definately want to do this to my car - cheaper than getting bumper/guards/bonnet/grill

Last edited:

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
Here's a pic of one, just the bonnet and grill with the stock bumper cut, looks awesome, definately want to do this to my car - cheaper than getting bumper/guards/bonnet/grill

hmm imo it needs atleast the ss skirts and fog lamps to look anywhere close to the beautiful front end of the stato hehe:thumbsup: