Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Statesman grille on commodore

veeque92

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman SeriesII 5.7
Dont understand these people that want to make there commys look like statesmans. just as bad as the guys that put ss badges on an executive.

If you want a statesman go buy one.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Dont understand these people that want to make there commys look like statesmans. just as bad as the guys that put ss badges on an executive.

If you want a statesman go buy one.

I agree whole heartedly with the badge comment - but interchanging parts which achieves a different look is all good I reckon, not my cup of tea, but still. It's not like they are claiming to be statesmans, just borrowing from the look.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Some people don't have enough money for a statesman (or calais), or just prefer commodores.. I also disagree with people badging cars up as something they're not (unless it has everything that model had or better).. taking bits is fine, though it does get boring seeing stocko V6 commodores with a clubsport front bar. Mixing and matching is awesome though, if the part fits why not! (and even if it doesn't, fabrication and modification :D)

Why should people only own a car the way Holden intended (especially when they mix n match to make part clearance models like the SVZ)

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
If you put a statesman grill on a commodore with the standard front bar its not going to look anything like a Statesman anyway and therefore isn't a mock up. So if thats what you want to do, go for it just don't badge it as a Statesman.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I reckon it looks ugly, but each to their own.

I respect what people do to their cars, its what makes the world interesting if people like and do different things.
Not everyone gonna approve on what you do, such is life.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i think the conversion only really looks good on utes but just weird on sedans/wagons

snappy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Statesman V6
vr\vs statesmans have different front guards to the commos

Just curious but I have noticed that the vr/vs lexcen has the same shape corner light as the statesman. Is it possible that they might have the same fenders?

commo69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ss
Yeh they do have the same fenders

PUSHIN

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8L S1 VN & Sr20det 180sx
hate to bring up a 3 year old thread and whatnot, but this was the result of a GOOGLE SEARCH, for fitting a stato grill to a std bonnet, i'm well aware that they're completely different bonnets, but what if someone were to come at it with some fibreglass and whatnot for attatching it, and YES i want to acquire a statesman front bumper, and guards, just i already have the STD bonnet, so i feel i'm left with 3 options, A; buy a stato bonnet.. (costly considering i already have a vr/vs bonnet..). B; fit current vn grill (letterbox. or even buy a new one, i have a feeling this will look crap.) orrr C; put in a few hours of fibreglassing and whatnot and hopefully i can find some way to mould the stato grill to a std bonnet, anyone have any thoughts on why this would/wouldn't work?

Also, does anyone know if a WH stato bonnet will suit a VR-VS stato front end? (will the bonnet line up with the guards, and pretty much, will it fit..?)

Cheers!

Edit; also on further inspection, the statesman bonnets almost look like a modified standard bonnet, the grill appears to sit i don't know, say an inch? further out then a standard bonnet usually would, not 100% sure as i haven't walked up to someones stato, bent down and full geezed at their car, that would probably get me kicked lol. but yeah, from what i could see it appeared to sit furher out, thinking i could maybe attatch the grill in roughly the average position, then TRY to make it look well fitted with fibreglass and whatnot.. sorry for all the detail, just trying to be clear.. thanks guys. :)

Last edited: