Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Statesman stereo into Calais

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Just curious what the difference is between the calais stereo and the statesman stereo other than the look of it and what would be involved with installing it into a calais. I know they aren't the best stereos around and it would be better to just install an aftermarket one but I'm just curious about it and if it's worth doing.

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
I would say it's 100% not worth doing, if anything the differences would be minor and neither stereo comes close to the range of tuning options and other advantages you get with aftermarket head units, but they do the job fine if your not worried about upgrading your sound system. It's not worth the hassle of pulling apart your old stereo to fit another stock holden one, if your not happy with the head unit in your calais just have a look at your local autobarn or jb.

To answer your question I would assume the statesman head unit has the same plug at the back as the rest of the vt - vx range, which would make it a straight swap over. But it's definitely not worth doing.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
I Have 2 high powered competition headunits sitting around but being the wifes and family car am not too interested in installing either of them. As I said I was curious as to what the difference is between the 2 and was planing on modifying the preouts on it to run bigger amps. Just looking at something different from the norm.

joebloggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
The difference is that the Statesman unit doesn't have a clock, the clock is in the dash. You need to have the pin code to run it in the Calais.