Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
what polish do you use? I use California Custom Purple Polish + Alloy Deoxidizer along with this little foam cone from SC. Hook it up to the air compressor and let this do all the work

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p...ne---soft/557356.html?cgid=SCA010111#start=54

Is all that gear good for rocker covers as well? Where did you get the Custom Purple and alloy deoxidiser? Do those foam cone buffs handle edges or do they chip away? I have a cotton buff kit with cones that works ok but they do clog up.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Is all that gear good for rocker covers as well? Where did you get the Custom Purple and alloy deoxidiser? Do those foam cone buffs handle edges or do they chip away? I have a cotton buff kit with cones that works ok but they do clog up.

I know my Autobarn sells them - Alot of Truckies use purple polish and swear by the stuff, youll find alot of trucking places sell it also.

Supercheap have a red cone which is soft and a blue one which is firmer. I use those products on everything in my engine bay. The deoxidiser you have to be quick with it or you will stain the alloy but damn it works wonders on tired polished stuff.

The cones handle alot of punishment without breaking down. Theyre actually a quality little product.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks Jecs, I will have a look for it at some point, probably when Autobarn have a 25% off storewide sale. I use Autosol and it's ok but always looking for ways to make these jobs quicker and easier.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Definately going to keep my eye out for that one Jecs, looks great!

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
I know my Autobarn sells them - Alot of Truckies use purple polish and swear by the stuff, youll find alot of trucking places sell it also.

Supercheap have a red cone which is soft and a blue one which is firmer. I use those products on everything in my engine bay. The deoxidiser you have to be quick with it or you will stain the alloy but damn it works wonders on tired polished stuff.

The cones handle alot of punishment without breaking down. Theyre actually a quality little product.

I'm a cynical prick...but wow, that came up great for a simple process.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Had some new boots trimmed up for the handbrake and shifter.

The OEM handbrake boot had split and cracked as they all do.

I'd love to find a S3 leather handbrake handle, or get this one trimmed up.

llQWfMw.png

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Gary does some good stuff with his Build Ninja side hustle.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Will do mate, should be here in the next week or two knowing Aus Post's current schedule :/
How did you go with the Jaycar box, was it a fizzer? Or did it work fine?