Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

static shock

J

jeffnclark

anybody have a fix for static shock when exiting car. had problem on 98vt, also have it on vy11 calais.

R

Ratty

Hmm I know what your saying... I have leather and dont get this issue but my fathers Calis I always get the shock... my old VR Calis used to do it to me as well...

I believe its caused by friction with Nylon which causes static electricity to build up... old science project get a plastic ruler, rub it on nylon really fast fro a while and then it can pick up the "holes" from a hole punch with teh static build up!

Anyhow one fix we used in IT (computers) was to spray nylon carpet with mild soapy water (or fabric softner) it reduced the effects, not to sure you want to spay your seats though! Maybe check with Auto Shop for ANTI STATIC SPRAY... IT Wholesalers do have it... but that should fix it... Try Tricky dickies (Dick Smith) or Handy Tandys (Tandy's) they should also stock the spray (Greay Bottle with Blue Text)

Cheers

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
remember the ol' static straps that used to hang under the car? yeah, well, i reckon that could fix the problem....ha ha, that'd look pretty cool...other than that, i dont know what you could do...

El Barto

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Commodore Equipe
You could buy (or pinch from your wife) some anti-static spray that chicks use on their clothing etc. Spray some of it on the seats and/or carpeting to reduce the incidence of the static

hsv_punk

I Just Want One
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina V6
Do a bit of research on the net, i'm pretty sure there is a procedure for making sure it doesnt happen. Something elong the lines of hold onto a metal part of the car the whole time your exiting the car and dont let go until you have shut the door or stood right up. Or something along those lines, cant remember exactly. And its free!