Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel control removal?

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
Hey guys ive got a different stero in my car and im wondering how i go about taking off the controls on the steering wheels?

I had a search of the How To section but couldnt find anything? Any help would be good thanks :)

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
Thanks mate, still havnt found anything though :(

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Basically the controls are attached the to the steering which and they just screw out ONCE THE STEERING WHEEL IS OFF...

You'll need a special star tool with the anti tamper pin (sorry can't remember what it's called) but basically just take off the four bolts behind the wheel & your airbag should come off. once the airbag is off you'll see 4 screws to take off the controls & unclip the wire to the steering wheel.....

DISCLAIMER: I was told to disconnect the battery & take out the fuse for the airbag - I take no responsibility for damaged airbags or any injuries that could occur.

Also on another note, if your controls are in good nick you can sell them for decent money... I sold mine for like $80 on egay