Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel moving

Nez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport II R8
Hey guys,

Just bought a VQ Caprice and being that it had a steering wheel the same size as a kenworth, I slapped on another sports steering wheel (with boss kit). It was driving fine at fine at first, but over the past couple of months ive noticed has moved to the right. Ive checked the teeth where the boss kit is and it looks fine. Im thinking it might have slipped teeth in the power steering unit, but I'm not too sure how to fix it. Just seeing if there is anybody out there that has come across this type of problem and how to fix it.

Cheers

NOT 38

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
it could be that the intermidiate shaft knuckle has popped out. happened to me:( have a looksie.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Unless you have hit something and knocked the alignment out, I'd say it is directly related to how you fitted the steering wheel. Pull it off and make sure everything is tight and the boss kit is the correct size for the shaft.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
the top bearing on the steering column shaft might have flogged out.
if you grab hold of the steering wheel, can you move it up & down/side to side ?

Nez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport II R8
Cheers guys. The Steering wheel feels pretty tight and is deffinatly on properly. I'll check out the top bearing and the intermediate knuckle and go from there.