Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stereo and Airbag Help

Swinghammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GTO, VS S3 Ute, WB UTE, J10 Jeep
Thanks for some help guys

Yes Battery always disconnected when installing.

The main Question is if I test the system with the rear seat and front and rear side panels removed, will this set the side airbags?

I am not touching any of the airbag wiring

ris00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 SS
Dont worry about the airbags as long as you have the battery disconnected and dont hit the sensors hard i.e. hammer or something heavy youll be fine - slight bumps dont do ****. In my VY the sensors are at the bottom of the pillar between the front and rear doors youll see it when you take the trim off. Dont know where they are on front side pillars but i imagine they will be just behind the trim also.
You wont set them off while testing, tested mine nothing happed, the only way youll set them off is if you purposely hit them with something - youll be fine.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Thanks for some help guys

Yes Battery always disconnected when installing.

The main Question is if I test the system with the rear seat and front and rear side panels removed, will this set the side airbags?

I am not touching any of the airbag wiring

If your not touching the wiring then you have absolutly nothing to worry about.

Swinghammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GTO, VS S3 Ute, WB UTE, J10 Jeep
Thanks Guy's fot the reply

Got all the interior out now. Just trying to find a place to put the AMP power wire through the firewall..
Searched for an hour but can't find the gromet people are talking about. Somewhere near the Brake booster I think?
Trying for a drivers side power and a passenger side for the Audio.

The only place I think to put the Amp power is in the bonnet cable gromet.

Any know of another place for power wire on drivers side please?

on the drivers side behind the rear quater panel, there is a small box with it a thing that stuck on it looks like a tweeter , the box is about the size of a packet of smokes. What would this be?

My car is a HSV GTO Coupe

Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
Thanks Guy's fot the reply

Got all the interior out now. Just trying to find a place to put the AMP power wire through the firewall..
Searched for an hour but can't find the gromet people are talking about. Somewhere near the Brake booster I think?
Trying for a drivers side power and a passenger side for the Audio.

The only place I think to put the Amp power is in the bonnet cable gromet.

Any know of another place for power wire on drivers side please?

on the drivers side behind the rear quater panel, there is a small box with it a thing that stuck on it looks like a tweeter , the box is about the size of a packet of smokes. What would this be?

My car is a HSV GTO Coupe

on both sides or just the one??

usually the crush box is only the size of a relay... and a bright colour such as YELLOW OR ORANGE...