Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stereo Help!!!

*~SWE11L~*

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
OK, sorry if this has been covered but i cant find it anywhere, I need a bit of help wiring up my system... i have: head unit, speakers front 6", rear 7" by 10" mtx 4 channel amp and 10" sub..... could someone tell me how to properly wire it all up? thanks

| evaN |

mmm bass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
who recommended you to get the 4 channel amp? its going to be a bit weird to wire up the sub to the 4 channel amp. unless you bridge 2 channels together and use the other 2 for the 7x10s.

controlled chaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
i went to repco and got a wiring harness, super cheap sell to, all u need is the brand of stero and type of car, it a two peice harness plugs straight in takes 1 minute to wire up, then run rca's and power cables into the boot for amp, and just changed the spekers, did it that way cause i want to use the existing wires, its easy as, or u can run seperate cables through ur dash and doors, had no troble doing it my way, goes hard

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36

*~SWE11L~*

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
who recommended you to get the 4 channel amp? its going to be a bit weird to wire up the sub to the 4 channel amp. unless you bridge 2 channels together and use the other 2 for the 7x10s.

some clown at strathfield, not knowing much about stereos he prob flogged me what ever he had too much stock of or something... i think what you said is what i have tried but it just seemed like with what i have it could sound better..

*~SWE11L~*

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
thanks for the other tips too

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
If you have a 4Ch amp your best bet is to, Run your front speakers of 2 Channels and bridge the other 2 to run your sub.

*~SWE11L~*

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
ok, and just connect the 7 by 10's to the deck? how do i bridge the channels?