Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stereo installation probs vt

B

baggas

gday all, i recently bought a vt executive and have started to put a new head unit in it. i downloaded the wiring diagrams from this site. all the wires are connected correctly, the head unit lights up when on accesories and shows that its playing a cd. but its as if its muted. does this have anything to do with the stereo mute wire on the car side? my new stereo doesnt have a wire to go with it. its got me stumped! can you please offer some answers. thanks heaps!

ps, head unit is a clarion

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
if you havnt done i suggest you ask this question the car audio section

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
the (yellow?) usually mute wire is if u have a phone hooked up in ur car doesnt need 2 b connect unless u have 1 it mutes the music wen ur phone rings thats all.

1 way 2 test if ya speakers r workin and conneted up right use a AA battery and put 1 positive wire from the speaker on the pos side n 1 negative wire on the neg side u should hear a lil poppin sound through each speaker everytime u touch the wires n battery 2gether.

then use the intrustions that should come with ur unit 2 connect the approprite wires