Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stereo issue

GEP

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY V6 BERLINA SEDAN
Im wondering if its the immobiliser or something? If my cars unlocked after a few seconds the padlock indicator on the dash will start blinking. If I press 'unlock' on my key the light will go away, but then starts blinking again. Perhaps this is just a Holden thing I have no idea...

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Could I ask what makes you say that? I never use the steering wheel controls, partially because the volume up button plastic has broken off. Ive had it replaced but it broke off again so now I just use the headunit to control the functions.
It might be the sensor on the wires as it all come through you clock spring. It could be picking up different ohms and changing your volume and so on, its worth a look, or it be your head unit which is cactus.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Im wondering if its the immobiliser or something? If my cars unlocked after a few seconds the padlock indicator on the dash will start blinking. If I press 'unlock' on my key the light will go away, but then starts blinking again. Perhaps this is just a Holden thing I have no idea...
Nah that's just anti theft light.