Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stereo Problem

Mossman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Exec
I still have the stock stereo H/U and the other day when i arrived at home and turned the ignition off the stereo was still going even after opening the door and locking the car which normally turns it off it was still going. And today the battery flattened when it did this to my wife and she wasnt aware. Has anyone else had this problem and what the hell causes it to do this?

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
check your door switches, they may not be making proper contact. also set the interior light to door and then lock the car and see if it goes off. this is also connected to the door switches.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Sorry if this is a bit off-topic.

I've got a similar problem, but with my interior light. It just won't turn off, even when I flick the switch to 'OFF'. It only turns off when I lock the car. For now, I've just pulled the globe out, but it's really starting to piss me off. I've checked for shorts in the wiring with no success.

I'd be interested to see what's causing your problem Mossman, cos I think the problems may be related...

The Macross

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive V6
I had the same problem when i first bought my VYII with the stero
the switch on the door was the problem, i turned it a few times and it worked for me.
seemed to feel lose.

Johnny_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Ute
Definately the door switch. Every few months I clean the contacts and the earth screw on the door switch. Its been a problem since new.