Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stereo system

holiday2

holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Can Anybody Tell Me How Many Watts The Single Cd Player Is On The Sv6 And How Many Watts The Speakers Are.
Has Anybody Added A Subwoofer To The Factory Stereo And How Does It Sound And How Much Would You Pay For It.
Thank You
Tony

Strone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S UTE
holiday2 said:
Can Anybody Tell Me How Many Watts The Single Cd Player Is On The Sv6 And How Many Watts The Speakers Are.
Has Anybody Added A Subwoofer To The Factory Stereo And How Does It Sound And How Much Would You Pay For It.
Thank You
Tony

i would also like to know all that!

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
You'd be lucky if the factory head unit put out more than 15 - 18 watts of REAL power. Even aftermarket head units that claim 50w p/c or whatever don't put out much more than 20 watts RMS... I think... ? (12voltking, I'd imagine you could confirm or rubbish this??)

As for a subwoofer, look in the audio section for Phreddy's mods on this.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
I noticed the standard door speakers are rated 15 watts (VY S-pack). I would guess the amp would be no more than 20 watts RMS per channel, making up the quoted 80 watts?

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone!! ;)

Cheers............

J2112

R8-HSV-06
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV R8 M6
> stereo system

holiday2 said:
Thank You
Tony

Does the SV6 stereo have RCA outputs?

I have a SS vY2...is it the same system?

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
J2112 said:
Does the SV6 stereo have RCA outputs?

Hi, you will not find RCA outs although a mod is available through a JC regular (Phreddy). I have had mine done and am very happy with the results. I connected mine up to an 800w amp, powering 6x9's in the parcel shelf, and am looking for a sub now. :D

Send a PM to Phreddy if you are interested. You will find more about the mod and Phreddy in the VY sticky thread:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=20902

Cheers,
Mark.