Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sticky Throttle ???

guss

Reaction score
Website
users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
VN Calais
Hey all i have a VN Calais S2 and i have been doing some long distance driving lately and i have just noticed when ever i put my foot down to overtake it will jump back a gear from OD (4th) to 3rd gear so i can speed up and get passed then when i slow down to comfy speed again it won't change gears and i'll be doing 110 and it will be reving at 2500 - 2800 rpm as uppose to 1800 - 2000 rpm in Overdrive, however i would stop the car turn off the motor and pump the pedal a few times and then start back up and slowly drive back off working its self bacvk through the gears until i reach 110 and then its in OverDrive (4th) again, Its as if something is sticky on the cables, but where ?

Thanks, any help appreciated.

SlowVac

Owner of a SlowVactioner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SII
It could be the throttle spring. open and close the throttle and see if it returns quickly or slow. Also you have the cruise control on when you do the kickdown?
Another way is to disconect the cruise control module cable and see if the throttle stick when you drive.

Cheers

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
if it is the "pumping of throttle" that fixes it then you should be able to do it while car is on probably a dud gearbox check oil maybe.