Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Still 18L/100 Help please!

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Hi guys
My vz sv6 was doing 18l/100, i took it to the freeway gave it a bit of a go then dropped back to 13L/100.
couple days later it went back up to 18l/100.
My autoelectrican scanned it for me and came up as i need to change the spark plugs, so i did
and car feels smoother but still 18L/100
any ideas why?
nothing else popped up on the scanner??
I dont thrash the car at all, dont have a heavy foot and its rarely driven
average speed i think is 25kmh
any help will be great!

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
I think the clincher in your post is the fact it's rarely driven.

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Maybe 2 times a week if lucky 3
wont be more then 15-30 minutes a drive
1 hour a week not enough?

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
Cars to not like short little drives like that all the time. Wears out the motor quicker

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
I drive my executive to work and back, and to mates houses, never more than 20-30 mins a trip, but usually every day.
This includes mostly morning traffic jams and ****, where I am crawling along, very rarely do I get free reign of the road to put my foot down, but I do put my foot right down every opportunity I get.

I still get less than 13L/100km and on the odd occasion I am doing a lot of freeway driving, like a trip to Mandurah or something, it gets right down to 11L/100km or less. Check your air filter? Do you use 91 or 95 or 98 octane fuel? I use 95. Maybe also try some injector cleaner? Its pretty cheap like $5-10 a bottle.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
The whole motor has to get to operating temp to run efficiently, and not just the fluid in the cooling system.

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
I drive my executive to work and back, and to mates houses, never more than 20-30 mins a trip, but usually every day.
This includes mostly morning traffic jams and ****, where I am crawling along, very rarely do I get free reign of the road to put my foot down, but I do put my foot right down every opportunity I get.

I still get less than 13L/100km and on the odd occasion I am doing a lot of freeway driving, like a trip to Mandurah or something, it gets right down to 11L/100km or less. Check your air filter? Do you use 91 or 95 or 98 octane fuel? I use 95. Maybe also try some injector cleaner? Its pretty cheap like $5-10 a bottle.

I ant sure bout the fuel i use cause my dad does that as im on my l's and my dad is always in the passenger seat so he gets out ;D
but next time ill fill it up
but i will try injector cleaning and double check my air filter tomarrow

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
also can it possibly be that i changed my engine as the other one was doing the knocking noise
this engine has done approx 110 xxx
have had it for about 5-6 months now