Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock radio requires fuse?

joeholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Hello,

My stock radio speakers is not working. Sound only comes from the back rear window panel. I have checked the fuses in the unit under the steering wheel. Is there another place for a fuse behind the radio unit? Perhaps something like an amplifier fuse?

Hope someone can direct.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Only the calais has an amp - and only to drive the rear subwoofers. If your unit is turning on, and you are getting some sound, then it is not a blown fuse. I would suspect the front output channel from the headunit itself is dead. You may need to replace the unit?

Have you tried using fader control and balance control to isolate which speakers are working?

bosmonaut

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversay Edition
Yeah like fletch_Qld said. there would be no sound at all with a blown fuse and the head unit would not even come on. it theres no sound in the front at all either the balance settings have been changed or the whole head unit is dead. Got a fully working VY single disc head unit if you want it.

joeholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Thanks, what annoys me is that this morning sound was coming out from the front speakers. Yes the unit does work, cd plays and radio shows up on screen. Its just that no sound was audible. Yes balance control has been checked. Now I am wondering if its the front speakers having its own mind (sometimes works, sometimes doesnt).

Wagonman2024

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE wagon V6
Only the calais has an amp - and only to drive the rear subwoofers. If your unit is turning on, and you are getting some sound, then it is not a blown fuse. I would suspect the front output channel from the headunit itself is dead. You may need to replace the unit?

Have you tried using fader control and balance control to isolate which speakers are working?
yes i agree front chanel apears dead .It has no electrical output at all