Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock springs and GT lowered shocks

Chrispy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, 2015 Daytona 675R
I'm getting new wheels and the front and rear suspension of the car needs doing, but i'm only gonna do the rear for the time being.

Can I use the Monroe GT Gas lowered rear shocks with the stock springs until i have the funds for some Superlows?

Also, is my VR Berlina IRS or Live Axel? cheers

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
Also, is my VR Berlina IRS or Live Axel? cheers

stick ya head under and have a look. now seriously, if you have to ask this question, you should really ask yourself if you have the know how or skills to change shockers.

vsdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec (RIP) & VYII 9C1
look on the console under ya radio - the badge will either say RTS or IRS, that'll save you looking under the car...

Chrispy

Reaction score
Members Ride
stick ya head under and have a look. now seriously, if you have to ask this question, you should really ask yourself if you have the know how or skills to change shockers.[/QUO

Last edited:

Chrispy

Reaction score
Members Ride
look on the console under ya radio - the badge will either say RTS or IRS, that'll save you looking under the car...

Mine says RTS - Radial Tuned Suspension?

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
Or you could just shut the **** up and answer the question instead of being a smart ass.

bring it around and i will put my head under and tell you. theres no way i can tell 100% unless i or you look under it. so basically i cannot answer your question on this forum but can only tell you how to answer it yourself yet i get abused for helping you out.

vsdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec (RIP) & VYII 9C1
yep, RTS = live axle

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
now someone could have easily changed that little sticker, or the console it sits on. People have been caught out by this in the past, and to be 100% sure you need to stick ya head under the rear like i said above and got abused for.