Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

///Stockies G6ET

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Installed the Soundstream 8" sub last night. Simple to install, didn't have to re drill the sub to match the car or anything. Did have to change the factory 8mm bolts to M5x20mm ones. Originals were not long enough to secure the sub down with the plastic trim ring attached. Took about 30mins to do all up.
Massive improvement over the factory rubbish. Has a deeper tone and you can now hear the bass line in the music you are listening to, from light Dubstep to The Eagles.
Still using the factory amp, seems to power it quite well (was worried it wouldn't and I've have to buy another sub woofer)
Might just replace the speakers and add some dynamat to help them. Can't be buggered with installing amps and trying to get as little interference from the ICC as possible.

Still need to sound deaden the parcel shelf, but I gave away all my boxes of sound deadener to two of my employees a few months ago, didn't think I'd ever need it. Kicking myself now...

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
So, halfway through changing speakers and all that rubbish.
Finished sound deadening the boot, parcel shelf and front doors. Installed Alpine DDL linear's in the front, yet to install the rear speakers. Sound is much better than stock. I've also replaced the light around the ignition barrel with an, you guessed it - an LED!

Pictures will come when I:
a) Figure out how to work photobucket
b) When I can be bothered

so, pretty much don't hold your breath.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
So, halfway through changing speakers and all that rubbish.
Finished sound deadening the boot, parcel shelf and front doors. Installed Alpine DDL linear's in the front, yet to install the rear speakers. Sound is much better than stock. I've also replaced the light around the ignition barrel with an, you guessed it - an LED!

Pictures will come when I:
a) Figure out how to work photobucket
b) When I can be bothered

so, pretty much don't hold your breath.

was it a blue led light??

use drop box so much easier and better setup then photobucket

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
was it a blue led light??

use drop box so much easier and better setup then photobucket

Nah, it's a white LED. Since I installed it I've been thinking it should be blue...
Drop box you say? Should be able to set that up off my S3 - If the damn thing wants to work today.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Soooo....

I need some help, have to decide on intake setup.
Currently deciding between the Plazaman 3.5" OEM style filter/box setup, or a KPM Streetfighter intake.

Can't make my mind up on sexy black pipes from Plazaman or stockish look of a Streetfighter intake. Price is not really an issue, there only about $100 different in price.
Won't be getting rid of the plastic crossover, so no 4" turbo side intakes (before you even mention it AirStrike)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
But but but!!!
I'm a Plazmaman fan boy, you know what my vote is.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Plazaman 3.5" intake ordered.

Heckic dosing ahead.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Needs turbo side to dose hard.