Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stolen and Recovered :)

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Well some JC members are already in the loop with whats gone on with my stolen trailer, and after allot of interesting replies of concern and ideas in recovering it I'm finally getting it back!

My main motivation on getting it back the LEGAL way was to put a particular member in her spot and to ensure fellow members that if this ever happens to you that your NOT put in the "too hard basket" or on the "who cares" shelf by the Police.

How I did it?

Well after being ASSURED Id never get a warrant by someone who knows all, I simply decided to do what the Cops asked of me. Yeah I did a bit of their work but it was the only way I was going to get it back.

I took a friend with fast legs to the place last week where I was told it was going to be and waited for farking ages for him to leave his place.
When he left we went to the front door and knocked on it to see if anyone else was home and if anyone answered we were just going to ask for directions to the closest servo because we "ran out of fuel down the street".

Well sure enough nobody was home and we quickly jumped the back fence and noticed what looked to be a trailer under a tarp tucked behind a shed.

At this point I was shitting the tin thinking he was going to burst out the back door with a gun or something so I made my mate keep a look out for him driving home while I unwrapped the tarp, and there it fcuking was! MY BLOODY TRAILER!

So I wasted no time taking pictures of it and then covering it back up. We then ran like hell to my mates car and drove back to my place where I printed out half pics of my trailer that I found on an old hard drive. The only thing that I was worried about now is having the cops say that the half pics I had were not going to be enough.

I called the cops up and they came over that night at about 7pm and were happy that it was enough 1st hand evidence to peruse it.

They asked for all the details on him, the pictures and where it was and to leave it with them.

Now a week on I get a call from the cops saying they recovered the trailer and the pictures were not even needed at the end of the day because the idiot didn't even remove my compliance plate!

I can go and pick it up from the holding yard later this week when their done with it (not to o sure what they need it for) and have it re registered back into my name...

To say this was a headache is an understatement but well worth it in the end.

Thanks again to everyone that expressed their concern in the matter!

CORNYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ
Good to hear mate!! Top stuff! Did the guy get charged with burglary or theft? Anything?

alpha_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
Good to see that you didn't have to resort to any violence and noone got hurt. I know that sounds a bit pussy but it is always a better outcome in the end.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
send me a photo of the springs, ill give you a professional quote on how much damage he's done to them for you to send him a bill for :p

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
my sphincter would have been clenched tight mate haha, good work

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Good to hear mate!! Top stuff! Did the guy get charged with burglary or theft? Anything?

Yeah Im not sure. I haven't been asked weather or not I want to press charges. I assume they would do it anyway given the fact that a warrant was issued, and depending on what excuse he had for being in possession of it also?

I'll keep you posted