Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] [STOLEN] Cúl's VT SS Commodore

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
The security guard is employed on night watch, he does patrols of the service station and forecourt, is it his responsibility to watch over peoples cars? Well no, but I would have thought it were his responsibility to move people on that are loitering. The night manager was much more helpful, and sympathetic to the situation than the security guard.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Out of interest, does leaving the keys in the car whilst paying for petrol stuff up the insurance if it is stolen? Just want to know because i am sure very few of us here actually take the keys out when refuelling (myself included unless a dodgy person is lurking)!

Keys always stay with me, and if my phone is in the centre console, than it also comes with me. And if there is anything that can be reached in and taken quickly than I also lock my car when I go in to pay.

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
I'm sorry but why should the security be responsible for people stupidity? A petrol station isn't a secure place so why would you leave your keys in the car, lazy?
Maybe the security guard was on his lunch/coffee break?

Not having a go at you Cul.

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
I'm sorry but why should the security be responsible for people stupidity? A petrol station isn't a secure place so why would you leave your keys in the car, lazy?
Maybe the security guard was on his lunch/coffee break?

What do security guards do other than lunch/coffee breaks

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
No No I agree totally the security should not be responsible for peoples stupidity (including my own), but they should be responsible for keeping undesirable characters that are loitering at the service station away. I spoke to the assistant manager again today, who advised the character that jumped in my car and drove away was sitting there watching the forecourt for well over five minutes, and was likely to be there for only one thing...

Like most, I generally take my keys out of the car, it was a lapse of concentration more than laziness; I had finished a 13 hour day just a few hours prior, and was on my way back to work to do another 5 or 6 hours worth of paperwork.