Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] [STOLEN] Cúl's VT SS Commodore

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
you know if there is any damage to the car?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
That sucks mate, lucky to get it back though!

How did it get stolen from the servo if don't mind me asking? Keys left in it? Pity they didn't get footage or something of the scum!

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Cops reckon there is no visible damage, I am just hopping they haven't put a piston though the side of the block, or dropped the auto's guts all over the freeway.
Reckons it looked like they were playing with battery terminals, and the fuse box... so hope there isnt anything too wrong with it!

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
That sucks mate, lucky to get it back though!

How did it get stolen from the servo if don't mind me asking? Keys left in it? Pity they didn't get footage or something of the scum!

Yeah, lapse of concentration... BP Coomera is probably the busiest servo between the coast and Brisbane bar BP Stapylton/Yatala, there was at least 15 people filling up, more in the vicinity; got him clear as day on CCTV and two witnesses, one of which was filling up behind me!!!... According to the assistant manager who reviewed the CCTV the bloke looked like he was sitting there waiting for an opportunity, and took it! All while the night watch security guard was having a coffee!

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Cops reckon there is no visible damage, I am just hopping they haven't put a piston though the side of the block, or dropped the auto's guts all over the freeway.
Reckons it looked like they were playing with battery terminals, and the fuse box... so hope there isnt anything too wrong with it!

Brace yourself for the worst anyway! I had the cops and a mate tell me my car had no damage after it was recovered. They got it so wrong! Fingers crossed the VT is all good!

Great that they got them on camera! You should get hold of the tape and put it online if the cops can't find them!

Out of interest, does leaving the keys in the car whilst paying for petrol stuff up the insurance if it is stolen? Just want to know because i am sure very few of us here actually take the keys out when refuelling (myself included unless a dodgy person is lurking)!

Sounds like a quality security guard. Bloke loitering waiting for an opportunity and the guard is too busy swigging coffee to care.

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
Goodto hear u got it back. Hope there's no damage and they get him. Crap bout the lap top, hope work paid for it

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Bastards. Least it's back in 1 piece.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Brace yourself for the worst anyway! I had the cops and a mate tell me my car had no damage after it was recovered. They got it so wrong! Fingers crossed the VT is all good!

Great that they got them on camera! You should get hold of the tape and put it online if the cops can't find them!

Out of interest, does leaving the keys in the car whilst paying for petrol stuff up the insurance if it is stolen? Just want to know because i am sure very few of us here actually take the keys out when refuelling (myself included unless a dodgy person is lurking)!

Sounds like a quality security guard. Bloke loitering waiting for an opportunity and the guard is too busy swigging coffee to care.

I do, as soon as the car is off and I'm getting out for any reason, keys come out of the igniton and stay with me 110% of the time.

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6

It is dependent on circumstances if what I read is correct - although the only references I could find were from the uk - where most policies actually have a clause specifically related to leaving keys in the car. Here it is more like the "driver must take all care and responsibility to minimize loss, damage or theft"... I am told by a Suncorp Insurance claims team leader that "it doesnt matter under what circumstances it was stole, in most insurers eyes it is still classified as theft"... We will see what Youi say!

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Good to hear u got it back. Is the security guard there to watch over people's cars though? Surely that's ur responsibility, not his. The servo wouldn't pay a security guard to watch over the customers cars.

A few times at my servo if a cop comes through and they see a car parked with keys in it they take the keys out of the ignition, find the owner and give them a lecture.