Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stolen cat converters

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Someone beat me to the punch...yep, they are valuable for the platinum they contain...I'm just surprised that the pond scum haven't twigged to this long before now...:bang:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
yea i'm heading out to the wreckers on sunday so i'll pick one up then, it wont do any damage to my car driving without the cat and exhaust will it? i can imagine the cops would come down on that kinda thing heavy so i'll use it as little as possible

If your morally against polluting the planet then dont drive it around. Coppers wont like it if they pull you up theyll be sending you to the EPA real fast. But on the other hand, itll sound tought so driving it might not be all bad :p Its funny cause you go to some exhuast places around here and most of them are willing to give you the old gutted cats off the commy's for like 10, 20 bucks.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
one padlock one bolt lol. i would laugh so hard if i seen that. scan ebay. might find it lol.

no, both bolts, one per side and on the lowest point of the flange drill a new hole and put a lock through it.

the stock flange on the cat-catback is crap and one bolt would never give a seal.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
yea i'm heading out to the wreckers on sunday so i'll pick one up then, it wont do any damage to my car driving without the cat and exhaust will it? i can imagine the cops would come down on that kinda thing heavy so i'll use it as little as possible
ive heard upwards of a 20K fine

kevs_bt1

EXBAY13
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BT1
Stole your cat bro, that is weak.
Everyone, stop eating dim sims for a week or two, could be whitevrboi's cat.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
ive heard upwards of a 20K fine

there is also a possibility of jail time isn't there? it's a pretty serious offence and the punishment CAN be very harsh.

Someone recently told one of my mates that my car had a hollow cat, and to hollow his out so that his car would go as fast as my car, when he asked me how I hollowed out my cat I was like "WTF!!!!!!! my car has a fully working cat man, that's a bad idea!"

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
Stole your cat bro, that is weak.
Everyone, stop eating dim sims for a week or two, could be whitevrboi's cat.

hahahah gold.

yea i think i'll borrow my sis's car to go to the wreckers...its a bit too much of a gamble for my liking. 20k fine/jail time or have to put up with the humilation of driving a filthy 1995 VW Polo with sheepskin covers....actually jail time sounds good lol. thanks for all your help guys

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Ill buy a 3" hiflow if anyone steals one.... oh oops this isnt a request for thieving thread..

kevs_bt1

EXBAY13
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BT1
Fine for driving a VR with no cat....$20k
Cost of new cat....$100
Seeing a Commodore driver in a VW Polo...PRICELESS

For eveything else...there's Mastercard. (bail)