Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

STOLEN VP Calais International

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan21

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 vn calais v6
dude that sucks my calais got stolen too last year, i was lucky enough to get it back in reasonable condition i never knew how easy they were to steal until it happened now i have kill switch,alarm and an immobiliser.

i hope that the s.a police are more competent than the vic police and catch them.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i just died a little inside... :(

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
sorry to hear mate.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Anyone who has a rare or valuble car should have some way of being able to identify all the various parts of the car if its ever stolen, like the interior parts and panels and seats etc these lowlifes stole off this guys calais..You can get security systems like the one in the link below.Im not too sure of the cost,but it would be worth it I reckon.Ive seen these types of "microdot" security systems used on items rented from radio rentals, and you cant see them unless you are specifically looking for them,so they are pretty much invisible to anyone who doesnt know that they are there.You just have to put them in a spot where no one will notice it.They are heaps tiny,so it wouldnt be very hard to hide them on all the different parts of the car.Then later on if they are seen up for sale or whatever ,you can confirm 100% that they are yours.
---Microdot & DNA Property Marking & Asset identification System from Insight Security---

Last edited:

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Anyone who has a rare or valuble car should have some way of being able to identify all the various parts of the car if its ever stolen, like the interior parts and panels and seats etc these lowlifes stole off this guys calais..You can get security systems like the one in the link below.Im not too sure of the cost,but it would be worth it I reckon.Ive seen these types of "microdot" security systems used on items rented from radio rentals, and you cant see them unless you are specifically looking for them,so they are pretty much invisible to anyone who doesnt know that they are there.You just have to put them in a spot where no one will notice it.They are heaps tiny,so it wouldnt be very hard to hide them on all the different parts of the car.Then later on if they are seen up for sale or whatever ,you can confirm 100% that they are yours.
---Microdot & DNA Property Marking & Asset identification System from Insight Security---

buy a kilo of data dots and shower your interior with a grass seed spreader.... dump down the air con vents so they blow out every time you turn it on.... thieves sprayed with dots, have em coming from everywhere...

VQ-Assault

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VQII Statesman
At least the engine looks salvagble, hows the rest underneath? Even the front end you can make something out of, if its on insurance you probably wouldn't want to let the insurance company take it, get whatever off agreed or whatever they pay out for fire and theft. If it gets taken it'll go for peanuts at auction. At least if you keep it you can wreck what's left

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
At least the engine looks salvagble, hows the rest underneath? Even the front end you can make something out of, if its on insurance you probably wouldn't want to let the insurance company take it, get whatever off agreed or whatever they pay out for fire and theft. If it gets taken it'll go for peanuts at auction. At least if you keep it you can wreck what's left

gonna strip it next week and see what I can save. can Probly only get 2grans in parts tho and need about 6grand to but another one.

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
sorry to hear that the lowlifes should hung up by their balls for doing that to a commodore

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
sorry to hear that the lowlifes should hung up by their balls for doing that to a commodore

It was 3 years ago. Nice dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.