Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stoner and Lorenzo out of Japanese MotoGP

MrNutter

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX wagon
Don't blame them. Can't say I'd be in any hurry to get to that part of the world either. I guess I know what round I can miss this year.

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
Still a mighty big call due to the fact they ride for Japanese teams, they are jeopardising their championships and they are receive a lot of radiation just by flying in aircraft. But then I'm not privy to the information they have.

MrNutter

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX wagon
There's only supposed to be 3 or 4 riders that have agreed to compete in Japan, or at least that's what Beattie mentioned on either on RPM or during GP commentary a few weeks back. So it's not really going to jeopardise thier championships though Lorenzo did play a risk game given that he has said all season that he wasn't going to Japan no matter what the risk assesment teams found out. I'm fairly sure all of the riders have it in thier contracts that they are allowed to pull out of any event they choose if they have any safety concerns what so ever, without fear of repercutions. Besides, it would be very hard for Yamaha & Honda to replace proven champions like Lorenzo & Stoner & the companies are not about to sacrifice immediate success over one race meet.