Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stop leak?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I bought some stop leak today, for my radiator, as i beleive it's going threw too much coolant. Anyways, on the bottle, it says to flush, then add bottle, top up,then drive for 30 mins, then flush again (****in hell) and then top up radiator again !! I thought you just put the bloody bottle in and it does it's thing??

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
i jut topped the coolant back, today, it took 2 1/2 litres, same amount about a month ago, and a full flush only a month before that !!! dosent seem to use any oil though lol

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
It's called "car go" (sounds quality huh lol) metallic seal up
CARGO METALLIC SEAL-UP
I was told that is very good.
Are you bleeding the system.
On my VS I bleed it over 3-4 days after flush.
Drive to work bleed.
Next day bleed.
I do this till I have no air in system.

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
CARGO is good stuff ... its glass/silicone with copper dust ...

this stuff hates coolant ... !!!

1.flush radiator well with garden hose , top up go for drive , turn heater on, let cool down and flush again.

2.fill radiator with water , shake bottle of car go and put whole bottle in radiator, put cap on.

3.start engine and go for drive with heater turned on until engine temp goes halfway by sitting in traffic

4.leave in for a day or so of stop start driving , then empty radiator and leave cooling system without water/coolant for 12 hours.The stuf will dry and seal inside.

5.add coolant and distilled water and run engine to remove air from system, thats it your done.

Cargo wont seal if you have coolant in the system , adding coolant after its sealed is ok.

It does not sayt on bottle to leave car dry for 12 hrs but on their website , Cargo is Aussie made :D

if your radiator has not been flushed for a while and you add that stuff can cause blockages .. so a good flush with garden house does wonders.

I got a small leaking inlet manifold and timing cover , adding bottle cargo once a year works good , if leaks bad than add 2 bottles :D

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
How long since your intake manifold gasket's been replaced? I was going through coolant and i replaced the gasket as part of another job, it was completely stuffed, the seals around the coolant valleys were sucked in like an egg timer. My mate also had a similar problem on his VN. He replaced the manifold gasket and it was also stuffed in exactly the same way. Seems to be a common problem.

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
Im getting mine replaced this week hopefully ... cant be stuffed doing myself .. dont have the tools or the room ... $300

my engines original and I know whats been done ... inlet manifold gasket giving me trouble once car hit 200,000 ... from a slight miss , vibration at idle , stalling .... I put the stop leak .. 2 bottles of it and went for a long drive ... then let it sit for 12 hours dry topped up and now its just got the slight miss lol

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
please don't use it mate if you already haven't those stop leak solutions have blown up my power steering pump, rack, water pump, radiator, engine and transmission. Get a new radiator or something but steer clear of those things