Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Storage, a place to keep my project!

premium

P-Plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VL Berlina, 1985 VK SL
Hi,

I'm desperate to begin a new project involving a VC Commodore available to me, unfortunately it's unregistered, so I can't keep it on the street, and my garage is unavailable to me. I've already inquired at a few Self-Storage places, but unfortunately I'm on a very low income, so I can't afford the $300 per month that most places are asking.

I'm sure there are some people on the Forums that can help me!

Does anyone have, or know of a place I can keep my project, I'd love to share a workshop, so I don't have to move the car from place to place if I want to work on it.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
ok, its not legal, but its less suss than a car with no plates.

See if you can get some old plates, wack them on the car and park it out the front of your house on the nature strip. Wash it occasionally and make it look like its looked after,

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
also, dont be afraid to chuck a tarp over it :).

another thought, join a vic roads registered car club, wack CH plates on it (about $70 a year) and then essentially its registered, haha

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
is there a law in vic that stops you from parking on the nature strip outside your house?

premium

P-Plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VL Berlina, 1985 VK SL
I live in a highfalutin suburb where the stupid neighbours wouldn't approve, it usually doesn't stop me, but I don't think the cops would think too highly of an unregistered p.o.s on my lawn.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
ok, its not legal, but its less suss than a car with no plates.

See if you can get some old plates, wack them on the car and park it out the front of your house on the nature strip. Wash it occasionally and make it look like its looked after,

Good idea,ive done it myself to stop a tool of a neighbour in my street calling the council.Ive got a set from the 70s,80s and 90s.Never know what i might have going on.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
is there a law in vic that stops you from parking on the nature strip outside your house?
Yes, there is a national law prohibiting parking on nature strips. My brother found out the hard way about that one! :p